Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Disable Caching & Internal Error Level Setting

[eluser]Gregory Kornblum[/eluser]
I apologize if these have come up before (as I think they would) however I have not been able to find anything via search or docs.

Is there a standard method to disable CI's own file level caching? Right now I just set the permissions so nothing can be written to its folder but obvious;y that is far from an elegant solution.

Secondly I would like to keep any error level aspects within php.ini. So of course, what I did was make changes to index.php. However I do not want to mess with CI too much for when I do upgrades to CI. I doubt it but is there anything without touching system files or index.php?

I'm more interested in the caching thing but if anyone has something on the error aspects I mentioned I would love to hear anything anyone has to say about that.

I am making heavy use of memory based caching so the file level stuff in CI is rather redundant and gets in the way during development. I have extended the controller and in its constructor I set the cache seconds to 0 but all pages are still caching. I wanted to do this to avoid having to rewrite the same line of code in every controller as I try to stick with the DRY concept as much as possible.

Thank you in advance for any info you may provide.

[eluser]Gregory Kornblum[/eluser]
Found a more elegant method to disable cache. I simply made an Output.php library override (MY_Output.php) and changed the cache function to the following:

function cache($time)
{
$this->cache_expiration = 0; //Overidden so we don't have to call it in each controller '( ! is_numeric($time)) ? 0 : $time;
}

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB