Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
using ci on iis?

[eluser]thiswayup[/eluser]
Hi all
Our production server is running windows 2003 with iis 6, php 5 and mysql 5.
I have been looking into various solutions to getting mod_rewrite type behaviour using http://www.micronovae.com/ModRewrite/ModRewrite.html and seems to be working well with some of our other sites on a test server.

I just wondered if people have had any issues with getting CI to work in a similar environment to ours?

I had a quick search here and the only thread I could find was http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/121024/

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
We use (and pay for) Helicon's Isapi filter for URL rewriting and it works fine. The issues you will get on Windows is the annoying slash issues (Windows uses slashes the wrong way around) and PHP will crash a lot more on Windows (giving some random access violation error) under heavy stress. This is a bug that is not resolved yet. Also, like with any server, make sure the access rights are setup correctly.

I wouldn't recommend Windows as a production server, but sometimes you don't have a choice. The only issue we have had is that we have to put the whole absolute path to the system folder else the include won't work in the index.php. This probably has to do with the slashes issue (which should be fixed by a piece of code in the index.php but somehow doesn't work).

[eluser]ururk[/eluser]
I've set up IIS+CodeIgniter using IIRF & PHP ISAPI. It was in anticipation of a larger project, such that CI was overkill for the initial site, but nice to use, and good for future work on the site.

I don't recall running into any slash issues. And it was fairly quick to setup.

Here is my ini file:
Code:
# htaccess rules for CodeIgniter

#RewriteLog c:\Temp\iirfLog.out
#RewriteLogLevel 5

#Checks to see if the user is attempting to access a valid file,
#such as an image or css document, if this isn't true it sends the
#request to index.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]

Pretty basic stuff.