Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
intruduce the concept of modules in a estable version of CI

[eluser]jparent[/eluser]
Why don't introduce in a stable version of CI the concept of modules in the same way of HMVC. I think is easier to work with modules than move all time trough the folders views, controllers, moldels, when the application grows. I think its easier to be center in a part of the files that located in the same place and are related between them.

mathcbox and hmvc have been a good idea and i think it will be interesting to implement the framework with modules.

It's only an opionion.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
It's coming, but will be a few months. Sit tight and use one of the third-party options until it is released.

[eluser]jparent[/eluser]
thanks, I'm using it. I only want to know if it will happen, because is an important improvment that means change the file structure of the CI projects.

Matchbox and HMVC both extend the Router and Loader libraries in such a way that will mean one of two things:

1.) The logic in core CodeIgniter (when eventually released) is safely over-written by Matchbox/HMVC/etc and so you can move over in your own sweet time or...

2.) There are some minor differences and you need to make a few small adjustments to your codebase. Most of which can be achieved with find/replace.

Codebase-wide changes are to be expected with a major upgrade to any system, framework, application. This case would be no different, but of course we have our fingers crossed.

[eluser]jparent[/eluser]
that post born when I make my clean CI system integrated with HMVC and then I want to upgrade the libraries with svn and it change to totally clean CI system with out HMVC.

Just code with the tools available. When new tools become available, plan a migration and implement it.

Don't worry about code that might come out some time in the future, or your application will not get very far. We'll see it when we see it. :-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB