Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using Imagemagick with CI for file conversion

[eluser]Wittner[/eluser]
Hi,

my current app has a need to create jpeg files from pdf files so that as an option, results from my app can be imported into an image document database. Anyhow, I was delighted to see some in-built support in CI for Imagemagick, but it only seems to support a subset of the functionality.

Is there any way to use some of the other functions available? For instance, with Imagemagick I can run a simple command to convert from one graphic type to another. Is all the functionality within CI?

would appreciate any help or pointers,

cheers,

Wittner

[eluser]Stilly[/eluser]
/user_guide/libraries/image_lib.html

[eluser]Wittner[/eluser]
Thanks Stilly. The very very first thing I did was to read the user guide before I posted this question. However:

"can run a simple command to convert from one graphic type to another?"

wasn't covered in the guide (unless I'm mistaken). Your link is a little vague. Can you tell me exactly where the user guide covers the question I asked? When I looked I couldn't see. As far as I could make out, the user guide covers:

* Image Resizing
* Thumbnail Creation
* Image Cropping
* Image Rotating
* Image Watermarking

but not image converson as mentioned in my post. If you know where the answer is in the guide I'd be indebted,

cheers,

Wittner

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
There is only that what is described in the User Guide.
If you want any other functionality you could extend the image library.

Maybe a newer version with extended functionality exists in the svn repository?

[eluser]Wittner[/eluser]
Cheers rogierb,

I'll be looking at this issue again in the new year. For the moment I'm busy building the rest of the app,

thanks,

Wittner

[eluser]zimco[/eluser]
I have the same problem and am trying taking a php class that does what you want, pdf to jpegs, and adapting it to become a CI Library inside my app. You might want to look at the class i found via a google search: digiBook.php - PDF to JPG (Flip book) - PHP Classes.

I have also been looking at the source code for the pdf online viewer, psview, which also does pdf conversion using imagemagick and ghostscript.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hmmm... I am about to start a project that extensively uses ImageMagick advanced functions via php's imagick but was looking for a php framework to use with it. I'm a little confused with this post. Does CI not allow the use of the full set of IM functions loaded on my server? I've never used CI before :/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB