Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ionize - Free & Open Source creative CMS

[eluser]BlueRabbit[/eluser]
Hi all,

Is there a way to only use one language for the website that you create with Ionize. And is it possible to remove the language tab which is between index.php and the subfolder?

By the way, nice program!

BlueRabbit

[eluser]Michel-Ange[/eluser]
@BlueRabbit : Yes, this is possible. This feature will be documented very quickly.

[eluser]easylancer[/eluser]
I have been waiting for the release of the CMS for time, I am happy with the end product besides the minor issue when installing, where short tags are used. Could we also know what the core hacks are and could it have not just extended CI core instead.

@easylancer : I integrated the BrianDHall modifications. The downloadable ZIP contains them.

They are no short tags in the installer anymore.

The only CI hack is in CodeIgniter.php :

Code:
// Load the local application controller
// Note: The Router class automatically validates the controller path.  If this include fails it
// means that the default controller in the Routes.php file is not resolving to something valid.
/*
if ( ! file_exists(APPPATH.'controllers/'.$RTR->fetch_directory().$RTR->fetch_class().EXT))
{
    show_error('Unable to load your default controller.  Please make sure the controller specified in your Routes.php file is valid.');
}
include(APPPATH.'controllers/'.$RTR->fetch_directory().$RTR->fetch_class().EXT);
*/

/**
* Begin addition
* Purpose: Enable Controller cascading
*/
if( ! $RTR->fetch_controller_path())
{
    show_error('Unable to load your default controller.  Please make sure the controller specified in your Routes.php file is valid.');
}
include($RTR->fetch_controller_path());

/*
* End Addition
*/

If you have another idea, I'm open to well coded suggestions !

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
OK, working off a different computer today, going through Ionize again.

- Ran into the mcrypt requirement Wink

Easy install for me, but is the only thing you use it for password encryption? If so, you might consider the CI library: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...ption.html

It automatically uses mcrypt where available, or doesn't when not available (uses its own relatively basic encryption). The downside there - data created in an mcrypt environment won't be compatible with one that isn't.

I don't know if its really a big deal to require mycrypt, but if thats the only use I don't see the harm in making it optional.

- Language fixes: application/language/en:

Very well translated, just about 10-15 minor fixes (a few were just still in french)

File attached for ease in integration.

Thanks Brian for your participation !
I will integrate these modifications very quickly !

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
- When visiting the News or About page in the front-end I get this in IE8:
Quote:Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:12:33 UTC

Line: 178
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://ion.localhost/themes/hand_made/ja...croller.js

Doesn't happen on the homepage or around admin.

- In IE8 if running in regular mode the admin page has some weird quirks, particularly the 'Help' menu item becomes bulleted (gets a black dot to its left), is displayed a line higher than it should be, and shows blue instead of white like the other menu items.

Also the word media under the picture in the dashboard gets shown as next to the image instead of below it, but nothing else is effected.

When you turn on "compatability mode" in IE8 suddenly everything shows ok. Beats me on why.

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
[quote author="BrianDHall" date="1258412820"]
- Ran into the mcrypt requirement Wink

Easy install for me, but is the only thing you use it for password encryption? If so, you might consider the CI library: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...ption.html

It automatically uses mcrypt where available, or doesn't when not available (uses its own relatively basic encryption). The downside there - data created in an mcrypt environment won't be compatible with one that isn't.

I don't know if its really a big deal to require mycrypt, but if thats the only use I don't see the harm in making it optional.[/quote]

Like all softwares there are requirements, Ionize is not intended to be as popular CMS as Joomla is, first it is a coder and webdesigner CMS with a target of users that know what they do.

The choice to rely on the mCrypt extension was that we originaly designed the Access lib to be portable (not only for Ionize and not only for CodeIgniter). That's why it has been almost totally decoupled from CI. That makes me think we should pack Ionize using the framework encryption lib instead, that would make more sense and you are right on this point, but we will consider this point like many others in the future (there are still a lot of things to see and discuss!).

That said if you absolutly don't want to use mCrypt, you can change the way the Access lib encrypt things in just 1 place. See the application/libraries/Access.php file from line 1000 the 4 methods define how the encryption is done and all what you have to do is change there the code to fit your needs, eg. use of CI encryption instead of the mCrypt extension.

This is also something that may be documented in the future.

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
[quote author="BrianDHall" date="1258413643"]When you turn on "compatability mode" in IE8 suddenly everything shows ok. Beats me on why.[/quote]

I guess we will have to add this tag to make the f*** IE8 fall back to IE7 compat mode...

[eluser]easylancer[/eluser]
After trying to impliment my first template I realize there are some repetitive tasks which would be taken out if template tags were more flexible and if it wasn't predefines as such when it come on to site content. Also I have 1 website header but each time i create a new template i have to make it with the header again, there should be a inlude function to include view in views. Take a look at Modx as to the content should be open to the template tags.

Edit..
I just found where the template tags are defined in the controller, but is there a way to extend the base page controller without making my edits directly in it?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB