Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit

[eluser]vickel[/eluser]
Hello everybody, I'm implementing the paypal_lib, which seems to work fine. The only drawback I got is this message (browser=firefox):

Quote:Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie: KHcl0EuY7AKSMgfvHl7J5E7hPtK=uoB00rhkuo8OZMROryccl1BIrxo5kKtNlo2....etcetera...
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.sandbox.paypal.com Port 443

P.S.: when clearing the cookies, I'm good for a while...

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
It seems the cookie is to big for some reason. This can happen when information is appended to the cookie rather then replaced.
Don't worry about it to much, this in probably due to testing the paypal_lib. In a real world, nobody uses the paypal_lib on one site over and over again within a short timeframe
(yet we all hope they do:-))

[eluser]vickel[/eluser]
I also found this to be useful:

It's probably a corrupted cookie. Try manually deleting your cookies. Search for the individual cookies for your domain and delete them all. The name should be in the form of:

Cookie:[email protected]
and
Cookie:[email protected]

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Just adding my two cents. Even though this is an old post it is near the top of Google with a "PayPal Error 400" search.

Had the same problem and tried an experiment since this seemed to be an intermittent problem. One commonality of all the people that complain is that has to do with site administration.

So I had just fixed my code (AGAIN) and tried the PayPal button. Error code 400 of course. So I logged out and tried it again from the same page (without reloading) and i DID NOT get the error - it worked like it should. So I logged back in as admin and tried it a third time and guess what - right - got the 400 error.

So this makes me think that being logged in as admin may have something to do with getting this error when working on a site with PayPal.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB