Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using boolean data in CIs template Parser

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi there

I made a small modification to the template parser class to make it possible to use boolean data to control {tag}{/tag} pairs like:

Code:
{itemspresent}
<h1>This block is only present, if "itemspresent" is true</h1>
<ol>
  &lt;!-- the li element is only green, if the item entry has a true value for "choosen" --&gt;
  {items}
  <li {choosen}style="color: green"{/choosen}>{name}</li>
  {/items}
</ol>
{/itemspresent}

It isn't thoroughly tested and may have a speed penalty when working with boolean data not intended for this use case, but it works quite well for me and was the one feature I needed to allow me to use the build-in template parser for all my views.

I have attached the full patched version as well as the patch file to the 1.7.2 version.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Nice idea cylab, Thanks for this. Wink

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Someone did this about a year ago with this same syntax. Someone else did something similar even more recently.

People really should search before they write code, just to make sure they arent duplicating efforts.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
@wiredesignz
Glad you like it Smile

@phil
Actually I was just experimenting with CI and Template library, since I just started doing php again. I learned a lot about CI on the way and as I came to the point where I needed this feature, the modification took me about half an hour...

Also the code you linked is way to generic for my taste. I don't want to have logic in my templates.

@CodeIgniter team
Feel free to include this in the core codebase ;-)

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Good man. Jumping into the core is the best way to learn not only how CodeIgniter works, but will teach you some great methodologies and clean syntax.

The one I linked to was a bit dodgy, the one I mentioned first was however identical. That said if I cant find it that explains why you didn't either. :-p

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB