Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The upload path does not appear to be valid.

[eluser]runrun[/eluser]
"The upload path does not appear to be valid."

thats what the error says when I try to upload an image following the user guide.

What this actually means ? i didnt set the image folder to 777 or I didn't provide the correct pathing '/image/' ?

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
The last. CI can't find the path you specified. So if you say /images/ it looks in the root folder + images.
If you echo the full path, you can see where its going wrong.

[eluser]runrun[/eluser]
thanks regierb, how can i echo full path ?

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
you can use echo $path ;-)

Check out the validate_upload_path() method in the upload library.

It uses realpath() and isdir() to see if a path exists. Remember this is a full server path.

So if you use /images/ it wil look in the folder /images/ If you want it to go to <site>/images you have to use FCPATH."images".

[eluser]runrun[/eluser]
thanks man. Doing the FCPATH.“images”.

I dont get the invalid message no more.

but now i got this

"The path to the image is not correct.

Your server does not support the GD function required to process this type of image."

I guess because i use windows host so its f..ked up everything i would able to do so far?

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
Are you using wampserver? If so, check if you enabled GD support. It think it is disabled by default.

You can use imagemagick aswell to process images.

[eluser]runrun[/eluser]
ROgierb, Im using a VPS and I let technician do the maintain. how should i tell them to configure the server so that I can just follow the user guide and make upload work ?

Recalling two of my problem. The GD function is not yet enable, I think I can tell them to enable it.
The path problem, what can i tell them to make it normal just like everybody else's servers?

[eluser]runrun[/eluser]
maybe someone can give me their php.inf and php.config and i will tell customer service to install for me.

[eluser]runrun[/eluser]
FCPATH.“images” actually works for me now. thanks Rog...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB