Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help: PHP Error was encounterd

[eluser]kikz4life[/eluser]
My scenario is after i've formatted my desktop from xp to windows 7, this php's error error occured to me. Really need help with this. in my previous OS its all working. Don't what happened. grrRR.

I've installed this following:
xampp-win32-1.7.2.exe
Tortoise SVN
btw- my xampp installation was successfull & checked it from xampp control and portcheck
Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

Filename: libraries/Loader.php

Line Number: 414
Code:

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\comunion\system\application\libraries\Loader.php:414)

Filename: libraries/Session.php

Line Number: 378
Code:

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\comunion\system\application\libraries\Loader.php:414)

Filename: helpers/url_helper.php

Line Number: 541

Any suggestion would really help..

Advance Thanks to all CI community
-Dean

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]

Try searching on reference deprecated.

I think that you are running PHP 5.3 and there has been changes to the PHP configuration.

fixed it, i've revert back to xampp 1.7.1. I dont know what wrong in xampp 1.7.2. zzzZZ. Don't have time to think of other way just using the old version.

anyway Thanks john for the info.
-Dean

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
Those errors come from CI version lower than 1.7.2. Latest version of CI 1.7.2(current version at the time of writing this) is PHP 5.3 combatible.

@cahva

im using the latest CI version.. 1.7.2 in my web app. Can anyone enlighten me about the changes in PHP 5.3? And why is it conflicting with the libraries of CI? hmm

Thanks
-Dean

[eluser]saintfalcon[/eluser]
Previously with CI 1.7.1 and PHP 5.1.x and my project went well

tried my luck to PHP 5.3.0 and found an error like kikz4life, our topic starter here

experimenting trying to copy CI 1.7.2's system folder (exclude application folder) to my project...
and the result is CI won't recognize php tag inside html tag.
to solve it is to make full php source code for view files using echo this and echo that.

is there any solution regarding this matter?

Thanks,

Yohan W.

[eluser]saintfalcon[/eluser]
SOLVED.

my bad.. I used "<?=" too much,
with PHP 5.3 and CodeIgniter 1.7.2 I have to change my code to "<?php echo"

SOLVED

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
No you actually dont have to change the code if you dont want to, but to ensure that it works on other servers with no modifications to PHP settings its good to change using full php tags.

The option in PHP that you are looking for is "short_open_tag" which you have to set to on if you use the shorter tags. Short open tag is disabled by default in PHP.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
IF your having problems I can tell you that it's in your code, I am running CI 1.7.2 and xampp 1.7.2 with no problems at all.

One big problem you will have is that PHP 5.3 no longer uses ereg, eregi or ereg_split. These all need to be converted over to preg_match using regular expressions. preg_match uses delimiters were as ereg does not.

for ereg_split convert to explode.

ereg('\.([^\.]*$)', $this->file_src_name, $extension);
becomes
preg_match('/\.([^\.]*$)/', $this->file_src_name, $extension);

$this->file_dst_name_body = ereg_replace('[^A-Za-z0-9_]', '', $this->file_dst_name_body);
becomes
$this->file_dst_name_body = preg_replace('/[^A-Za-z0-9_]/', '', $this->file_dst_name_body);

eregi('\.([^\.]*$)', $this->file_src_name, $extension);
becomes
preg_match('/\.([^\.]*$)/i', $this->file_src_name, $extension);

Enjoy
InsiteFX

@InsiteFX

oh,, okay i'll revert back again to xampp 1.7.2. I'll try what you've suggested to me.. i'll try to fix it.
thanks for the info Big Grin

thanks
-Dean

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB