Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Redux Auth Forgotten Password problem

[eluser]jacobkball[/eluser]
Hi there,

I've managed to get Redux working for the most part, but I'm still getting the following error when trying to do a Forgotten Password:

"The email failed to send, try again."

The Registration process works correctly - eg, an email does actually get sent, both from my local development server and my external development server, using Google Apps as the sender.

Clearly, there's something missing or incorrect with the Forgotten Password email function, but I can't for the life of me find it!!

I'd appreciate any help.

Also, some documentation on setting up the Beta 2 version would be most helpful. I've muddled my way through it through persistence, but it's still quite frustrating to get started.

A couple of very simple things would be :

1. Put all the views from the Sample Application into the actual setup folder (not just in the Example Application!);
2. Update the database.sql file to create the first record for the groups table (insert 'member'!);

I think these two things alone would eliminate a lot of the posts I've come across in the past few hours, having problems with the same errors.

Cheers,
Jacob

[eluser]jacobkball[/eluser]
I was able to solve this, after quite a while :-) (with some help from a post on the 'issues' section on the Google Code site where Redux is hosted.

I did it this way:

Code:
public function profile($identity = false, $id_col = false)
{
    $users_table     = $this->tables['users'];
    $groups_table    = $this->tables['groups'];
    $meta_table      = $this->tables['meta'];
    $meta_join       = $this->config->item('join');
    if (!empty($id_col))
        $identity_column = $id_col;
    else
        $identity_column = $this->config->item('identity');

and then called:

$profile = $this->ci->redux_auth_model->profile($email, 'email');

in the forgotten_password function.

This allows you to send an email address to the profile function, even when you have selected username as your config identity.

The problem arises because the original code sends an email address, but compares it against the config identity variable (which can be username), so it never succeeds to return a profile object.

I hope it helps someone else, and I hope the Redux author is able to sort it out in his next release :-)

Cheers,
Jacob

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB