Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Learning Curve - Step 2

[eluser]chithu[/eluser]
hi! Basically i am a php programmer. i learned abt WP, Joomla etc.. here, this is my clarification. i am new for this codeigniter. In Codeigniter, i try the first step by using ‘default controller’. how to make many pages. like in a website, the basic operations like registration, login, member profile etc.. how to use many controllers for those pages. now i use only default_controller. kindly advice me.

[eluser]CI2RULZ[/eluser]
depends on the website, how large the project, how much data interaction is the same, etc. Typically people split up controllers with a focus on specific areas of functionality.

[eluser]developer10[/eluser]
[quote author="chithu" date="1263047195"]hi! Basically i am a php programmer. i learned abt WP, Joomla etc.. here, this is my clarification. i am new for this codeigniter. In Codeigniter, i try the first step by using ‘default controller’. how to make many pages. like in a website, the basic operations like registration, login, member profile etc.. how to use many controllers for those pages. now i use only default_controller. kindly advice me.[/quote]

after making basic design of what "pages" you will need, you can make new controllers.

let's say you make a controller named "users"

in that controller, you set up functions like

login()
logout()
register()
activate()

as you can see, there are already the first 2 segments ready for your uri:

http://example.com/users/register

hope this helps

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB