Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
TableEditor 0.4

[eluser]sl3dg3hamm3r[/eluser]
Hey there.

During a customer-project, I created some code I thought it might be helpful to others! TableEditor lets you edit tables in your database in an easy and robust way, combining CI's powerful form validation. No more boring CRUD-coding for simple table editing, it is done by this little framework.

You can find a working version for CI 2.x (thanks goes to majesticjay).
Check it out here!
Or in the Wiki.

Added features v0.4:
- Besides manual order, it is now possible to define column(s) according to which overview will be ordered
- Search form! You can define which columns shall be searchable, including wildcards

Added features v0.3:
- Hooks: Teach TableEditor some behaviour
- Fully featured example for uploading files, taking advantage of the hooks

Added features and some bug-fixing in v0.2:
- Hooking up lookup-tables
- CSS based on CodeIgniter's scaffolding-css

Any form of feedback is welcome! Please bear with my language in the documentation: English is not my native language. Drop me a PM if you have corrections...

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Thanks for sharing. I toyed around with building this once. It's certainly a fun exercise

[eluser]MaD HamsteR[/eluser]
I was trying to write something like this, but got to lazy)) I wanted to make it fully OO. The idea was to make a base table class, which devs could extend as they like, specifying columns to show, labels, preformatting cells etc.

Too bad that you did'n make any theme. You coul'd use CI scaffolding css...

I dont like the rule that you have to make specialy named columns. Does it means that i cant use it on existing db and i have to alter all tables?

But the idea is good, CI needs a good DB administrative tool!

Do carry on)

[quote author="MaD HamsteR" date="1263282838"]Too bad that you did'n make any theme. You coul'd use CI scaffolding css...[/quote]

Yeah, maybe I should provide here something out of the box since I anyhow provide a bundle for download. Without any kind of formatting, it doesn't look neat at all...

[quote author="MaD HamsteR" date="1263282838"]I dont like the rule that you have to make specialy named columns. Does it means that i cant use it on existing db and i have to alter all tables?[/quote]

That's right. And this might be some drawback. Especially the order-column might not exist in most of the tables. Maybe I should make it more flexible. Note that you could change the constants in mdl_tableeditor.php if you would like to use different names for the given columns...
The main-idea of mine was to create a stable solution for editing so-called lookup-tables. Further ideas I have is to provide functionality for 1:n relations. Furthermore it would be nice if we could edit the meta-data with a GUI instead of editing directly in the config-file Smile

But it's a start, I hope I did not reinvent the wheel for everybody Wink Thx for feedback!

[eluser]MaD HamsteR[/eluser]
1:n relations sounds interesting!

v0.2 released.

Added some small demo, as it is contained in the bundle.

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
Thank you for the very useful (and rapyd) tool; only one feature request..... how to manage a upload filed, i.e.: i want to set into a field the name (only the name not the file ;-) ) of a upload file...Now this is not possible, but may be in the future.....

Ciao!

I was already thinking about implementing a way to upload files. But this might be something better solved with a hook-system. Right now, there are no hooks.
I don't quite understand your question though. Do you mean something like a selection-field which points to a directory with files? To write manually a filename into a string-column would be no problem, but rather error prone.

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
No i want no write manually the filename: i want an input type="file" who upload the file into a folder and insert the filename in the db
;-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB