Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problems with routing

[eluser]MV[/eluser]
Hi,

I am trying to understand the routing on CI, but for how much i read (although i cant find that much to read), i am still having some problems in configuring my CI for the use i intend. I am trying to make my site react to URLs like these:

www.site.com/pt/area_one/sub_area1/id1/id2/id3
www.site.com/pt/area_two/....

The first argument must represent the language of the site (pt, en and es):

www.site.com/en/area_one/sub_area1/id1/id2/id3

etc...

How should routes.php be configured to react to this? And how can i "capture" the result to build the links, i mean, links on the site should reflect the active language, for example:

- If the url on the browser is something like www.site.com/en/cidade/house/3/21, the links in the html must have the "en" in them, but if the language is "pt", thats what should be on the links. Am i thinking correctly on how to deal with a multi language project in CI? (i dont want to use sessions, because it would break the bookmarking process - a user should be able to bookmark somewhere on the site and retain the active language)

Please forgive the probably basic questions, but i cant find that much info on routing on the internet, and if you do have any links about it, would appreciate it also. I am also following the book "Professional CodeIgniter" from Wrox, but the section on routes is minimal.

Thank you in advance.

MV

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB