Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
404 Page Not Found - HELP!!!

[eluser]iblood[/eluser]
Hi I'm just new to CI, I just installed 1 on my localhost(i'm using abyss) and my problem is that,I get this 404 Page Not Found on my index page.. And I also got a test website on a free server and I also get the same error, only that after I installed it, it got no problems, but after a day, when I visited my site again I got 404 error..
please check my test server http://www.iblood.0fees.net/index.php..PLEASE HELP

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
Have you checked your controller to ensure you set the correct names (routes) in your config.php and also your actual controller code?

It is likely Codeigniter is installed but there is simply a problem with your controller missing or not set properly. I'm saying this only because it seems that Codeigniter is installed well enough to handle a 404 and generate the page.

Check that you set the appropriate locations in your index.php, config.php and also your controller - that's where I would start.

[eluser]iblood[/eluser]
yes I already checked it and they nothings missing as of when I installed it..The mystery that I want to solve now is that, how it worked on the first day I installed it and added a test page.. but on the next day it got the error..please check this page http://www.iblood.0fees.net/index.php, the links are working fine but it got the error at the bottom.. and also it won't work on my localhost.. :-(

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
Hi iblood,

Case #1: It could be you included something in your controller. Could you post your controller class here?

Case #2 (localhost): I don't know why it would not work in your localhost, there are a lot of variables to consider. For example, your operating system, webserver (apache, xampp, cherokee, etc.), htaccess, php (mod_php if using apache), so on. Can you generate a static page on localhost?

[eluser]iblood[/eluser]
<?php

class Welcome extends Controller {

function index()
{
$this->load->view('welcome_message');
}
}

/* End of file welcome.php */
/* Location: ./system/application/controllers/welcome.php */

here's my controller.. this is the on on the installation.. I just added a link on welcome_message.php and edit some link..
Also I just installed CI 1.7.2 on my localhost, And it also give error 404, is it not supported on abyss x1? I'm using abyss x1

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
In your system/application/config/config.php file, is this set?
Code:
$route['default_controller'] = "welcome";

Also, what does your .htaccess file look like?
What does your system/application/views/welcome_message.php file look like?

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
[quote author="iblood" date="1265685364"]<?php

class Welcome extends Controller {

function index()
{
$this->load->view('welcome_message');
}
}

/* End of file welcome.php */
/* Location: ./system/application/controllers/welcome.php */

here's my controller.. this is the on on the installation.. I just added a link on welcome_message.php and edit some link..
Also I just installed CI 1.7.2 on my localhost, And it also give error 404, is it not supported on abyss x1? I'm using abyss x1[/quote]

Never heard of abyss until you posted it in here. Is this something your provider uses?

Maybe you can use Apache on your localhost(for example, xampp if you're using Windows and want it all bundled with Mysql, php) or Lightppd. I know you will find it much easier to get help on the forums if you're using Apache.

I briefly checked the Abyss website and there seems to be a preference for their bundled PHP solution/package. If you must stay with them, check out their bundled package and see if it has the CI requirements. Also, if your host only uses that webserver and you must stay with that host, ask their staff to ensure you have the necessary PHP support on whatever plan you use.

That's the best I can offer since I'm unfamiliar with the product.

You may also want to follow CroNIX's advice and post your htaccess file and view file.

[eluser]iblood[/eluser]
@CroNiX my welcome_message.php is just the default welcome page.. just edited some text.. no codes were edited on that..

@2think, I guess abyss really don't support CI, because I tried to unzip the CI files on my localhost and it got error 404, I guess I'll just have to switch to apache.. I'm using abyss X1, It doesn't have php bundled in it so i have php installed separately, as well as mysql..

Thanks for the reply.. I'll just try on apache

[eluser]Celso Soares[/eluser]
Thats problem is happening with me to. When i try to acess to root page of my website i get a 404 error.

I'm testing that in localhost using apache Xampp in windows7.

THis is my .htacess in CI root:
Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /localhost/uptool/trunk
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]
</IfModule>

<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
    # If we don't have mod_rewrite installed, all 404's
    # can be sent to index.php, and everything works as normal.
    # Submitted by: ElliotHaughin

ErrorDocument 404 /index.php
</IfModule>

I did the blog tutorial, and worked fine widthout errors.
But width this website test i get a 404 error. I checked the routes and config, and it's all correct.

[eluser]Celso Soares[/eluser]
PROBLEM SOLVED!!

In config file we can't have this:
Code:
$config['uri_protocol']    = "REQUEST_URI";
because we are in localhost

right code can be:
Code:
$config['uri_protocol']    = "AUTO";

Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB