Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Best Session Library

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I apologize if this question has been asked a thousand times. I need a reliable session library. It will store information related to a user (probably just a user id), so it needs to be secure and quick.

I am not sure of the quality of code or the array of features in any of the available session packages, and I've heard the CodeIgniter included session class is lacking. Should I build my own or use one of the already made one?

Thanks!

[eluser]Crimp[/eluser]

Use the CI sessions. Most alternative session classes were developed before CI got all the features it has now. Just enable encryption. Secure. Quick.

[eluser]ChiefChirpa[/eluser]
[quote author="Cole2026" date="1265858192"]I've heard the CodeIgniter included session class is lacking...[/quote]

It was lacking some time ago, it was missing flashdata, regenerating session ids regularly, etc. It now has those features.

As far as I can tell the only slight gripe some people have it with it now is that it writes more than just the user_id / session_id to the cookie (it also stores the IP address, useragent and last_activity), you can of course turn on encryption to obfuscate these.

So in all use CI sessions.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB