Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Expression Engine and Codeigniter

[eluser]arthurhanlon[/eluser]
Now, being brand new to the Codeigniter arena, I have a question that has perhaps been discussed at some length before or perhaps not.

Now that we see the Beta version of Expression Engine 2.0 hitting the masses, and considering it's built on Codeigniter, are we to see the introduction of the ACL and user/group functionality that I assume is present in Expression Engine, in Codeigniter eventually?

I also wanted to get this one right too. Expression Engine is now based on Codeigniter to:
a) Allow a larger programmer base into the Expression Engine gubbins to allow for a larger base of extension developers
b) And, to allow the backporting of useful features from Expression Engine into the Codeigniter core?

Remember, I am new here so no flames, just asking the questions to get a better understanding.

Thanks,
Arthur

[eluser]heavenquake[/eluser]
Keep in mind that CodeIgniter originally was an offshoot of ExpressionEngine 1's core, basically. So the relationship between EE and CI may or may not change with the release of EE2.

I am however optimistic. Mostly because CI already kicks ass, so if EE2 can improve it, it'll just kick even more ass, and if not, well, too bad Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB