Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Cannot sign out!!

[eluser]NikosV[/eluser]
Any ideas why i cannot sign out while on ie8? Everything seems to work fine only when i disable Protected mode on security tab in browser's internet properties.

Code:
class Signout extends Controller
{
    function index()
    {

session_name('what_ever');
        session_start();
        if(isset($_SESSION['username'])) { unset($_SESSION['username']); }
        if(isset($_SESSION['loggedin'])) { unset($_SESSION['loggedin']); }
        if(isset($_SESSION['notification'])){ unset($_SESSION['notification']); }
        session_destroy();

setcookie('cook_email',"", time()-60*60*24*100, "/");
        setcookie('cook_pass',"", time()-60*60*24*100, "/");

redirect('home','refresh');
    }
}

?>

[eluser]blorriman[/eluser]
I'm having a similar problem with IE8 protected mode on. Did you figure out a solution?

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]
Whoops - just noticed that PHP sessions are being used so ignore the following post:

Nicked from the User manual:
Code:
A session, as far as CodeIgniter is concerned, is simply an array containing the following information:

The user's unique Session ID (this is a statistically random string with very strong entropy, hashed with MD5 for portability, and regenerated (by default) every five minutes)

Maybe CI should rename their session class to VDS - Volatile Data Storage

My kludge to overcome this 5 minute delay is to use both CI sessions and also PHP sessions, the latter just to test if the user is logged.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Why make life so difficult for yourself? What is it that you want to archieve that you can't do with CI's session library?

I have absolutely no issues dealing with logins/logouts whatsoever, no matter what the environment. I've just tested IE8 in protected mode, but no issues at all.

Try to find the issue and solve it, instead of trying all sorts of workaround which are going to bite you in the **** later.

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1273842968"]Why make life so difficult for yourself? What is it that you want to archieve that you can't do with CI's session library?

I have absolutely no issues dealing with logins/logouts whatsoever, no matter what the environment. I've just tested IE8 in protected mode, but no issues at all.

Try to find the issue and solve it, instead of trying all sorts of workaround which are going to bite you in the **** later.[/quote]

I totally agree about solving the issue and maybe you can help?

Quote:Nicked from CI User Guide:

A session, as far as CodeIgniter is concerned, is simply...

...and regenerated (by default) every five minutes)

I use CI Session and it logs in OK. It is only when the user logs out then CI session is still showing as logged in.
This is most probably due to sess_time_to_update is set to 300.

As mentioned before by using the PHP session the logout is registered immediately.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB