Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
RSS Aggregator

[eluser]Kurai[/eluser]
Hi everyone.
I’m really starting with CI, I like it al lot, but, not being a much of a coder, something is still difficult to figure out for me.

I’m trying to do an RSS aggregator, which displays several sources in several ways (I.E: the last post from a blog, flickr images, the most n recent posts for another blog and so on).

Right now I’m proceeding like this: I’ve made an aggregator view which act as a container, and several other views for various bits of codes (header, footer, and the various RSS boxes) to easily edit them.

Then I’ve installed Simplepie as a class and tried fetching a single RSS source, following literally the tutorial at http://www.nextbigleap.com/blog/developm...deigniter/.

This worked pretty fine, but I’m stuck now. I know I should create a function which takes an url as an argument and then returns the array with the rss feed, but I can’t figure out where to create it (a new library maybe?) and how to call it correctly from the view in which I want to display my feed.

I know thisi is probably quite stupid as a question, but I still have difficulties in understanding the differences between classes, models and libraries.

Can anyone lend me a hand? Thank you!

PS: sorry, I've posted this on the Ignited code section also. It's just an error. If it disturbs, please delete the other one. Thank you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB