Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Blank page - 404 - And strangeness...

[eluser]Naetuir[/eluser]
So, I've been working on a project locally. All set up, ready to rock and roll. Uploaded it to the server. Didn't expect it to work in the first shot, but this seems strange..

My local environment is not case sensitive (mac), my server environment is (linux).

I started out getting some errors about the library that can't be loaded. This was due to case sensitivity. I fixed that problem by altering a file name or two. Now that the file name is altered, and everyone should be good to roll...

I'm getting a blank page! And firebug says 404. No data at all, nothing logged on the server side. It's like it gets past initialization, but something screws up in the controller somehow. I even went so far as to create a new controller called 'test' with a 'test' method in it, that just echo'd 'test'. Nada. Same result.

...Thoughts??

Also: I have tried the different uri_protocols, including adding ? to index.php.. Everything I can find for troubleshooting..

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
Just a blank page usually indicates other problems.

What do your logs say?
Is your report error on?
Do you autoload your database? If so, remove it and see if that helps.

[eluser]Naetuir[/eluser]
[quote author="n0xie" date="1267743176"]Just a blank page usually indicates other problems.

What do your logs say?
Is your report error on?
Do you autoload your database? If so, remove it and see if that helps.[/quote]

Logs don't exist. Even after I've verified the directory is writable (several times).

Report error is set to max. Verified in my index.php it was E_ALL.

I do autoload the database, but if I don't autoload, I'm just going to have to put the load commands in all of my controllers. Do you think that would really help?

Here's another twist. I'm doing this for a client of mine, and when I get everything set up on their host, that happens. When it is set up on my host, it seems to work flawlessly. So this seems like it points to some PHP configuration problem being the culprit..

[eluser]Naetuir[/eluser]
Solved the problem. Was a mix of case sensitivity, encoding and file/dir permissions issues.

Thanks to anyone who thought about this!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB