Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help with Update in CRUD.

[eluser]HSKrustofsky[/eluser]
Don't know what to tell you. I put it at the end of the code. Went to the page, did everything, and it acted normally. Apart from not updating correctly, nothing else was unusual.

[eluser]xeroblast[/eluser]
could you put it right after/below the if statement coz we want to see if there is really a data that to be updated.

Okay, did it again and this is what I got:

Code:
Array ( [title] => UPDATE! )
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/CodeIgniter/application/controllers/admin.php:59)

Filename: helpers/url_helper.php

Line Number: 541

What I see up there is that it assigned UPDATE to the title. In fact I assigned that to the contents, and the title should say Title, but instead it has a 0 for contents and UPDATE for title.

then the problem is that the values in your field didnt go to the controller for evaluation... that is why it wont update coz its empty...

First of all I have to apologize. I have done one of the stupidest things ever. I made a rookie developer mistake. The problem was in the views. For some stupid reason I in the for I decided to give the name of both input boxes 'title' instead of naming the other 'contents'. When I typed in the code for the first box, I just copied and pasted it for the second, and only changed the code for the value. I think this is why it was putting content info for the title. So once again I apologize, and thank you very much for al the help you gave me.

[eluser]mjstenbe[/eluser]
Im working on a CRUD app as well. My problem is, that I'd like to create a delete function but sor security reasons I dont want to pass and fetch the deleted row ID via url. Is there another way to pass the ID from view to controlled?

Thanks,
Mika

use post data...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB