Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
mysql connection issues

[eluser]jaystang[/eluser]
Ok so I've been developing an application using CI for the past couple months. Today I wanted to setup my apache/php/mysql environment on my laptop (been using my desktop until now). I've installed all three and configured. I next setup my CI application project on the laptop, try to access it and I get nothing, just a blank browser window (no source code, no errors). I check the log files and see nothing. From here I started in my controller method and started outputting text and killing the app (example: echo('test'); dieWink. I can then see the outputted data. From here I keep drilling deeper and deeper into the CI framework outputting and killing, outputting and killing since I have no type of errors to go off of. After a couple hours I finally have the issue narrowed down to one line...

(mysql_driver.php line 88)
Code:
return @mysql_pconnect($this->hostname, $this->username, $this->password);

All params setup in the database.php are correct and I have no problem making this connection through the mysql administrator app. I'm assuming my issue is not a CI issue but rather an environment issue. If anyone has any thoughts on what it may be let me know.

Thanks!

[eluser]theprodigy[/eluser]
Check your php.ini file and see if you have display_errors = On;

if you do, try taking out the @ sign (which suppresses errors) and see what happens.
(Once you figure out what is going on, make sure you put it back since it is part of the core code.)

[eluser]jaystang[/eluser]
Ah I had no idea the "@" sign suppressed errors. Thanks! The issue was the mysql extension was not being loaded.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB