Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Mercurial Workflow

[eluser]richzilla[/eluser]
Hi All,

Now that CI has made the move onto mercurial ive decided to have a close look myself, the only problem is i think im having a bit of trouble getting my head around it. How does the workflow differ from using subversion - at present i check out a working copy on my PC, make changes and commit, my manager can then get see those changes and check them out for himself. As far as i can see, there is no concept of a working copy in Mercurial, changes are made to local repository itself, and then any changes are pushed to the central server based repo. Am i right in my assumptions? or am i missing any tricks here?

Any help would be appreciated.

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
Clones are cheap - you can use clones extensively <em>as</em> your working copies. But there is no structure to enforce a "blessed" vs. "working" clone. Those constructs must come from your workflow, since any clone at any given moment is completely independent. That's the biggest difference between Subversion, or any centralized version control system, and Hg, or any decentralized version control system.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB