Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Send email using codeigniter

[eluser]senz[/eluser]
Hi,
Can somebody help me... I just make application using codeigniter for send email some kind like email blaster and i used this application to promote my company. When i used this application in the first time (with 500 recipients), the application is going fine. But right now (after 10k recipients) my application is not going right anymore, because the email what i send it to recipients is going to junk folder, even i change the subject or the content from the email. I change the port too.

Before i use codeigniter to make this application, i've just created some php code to send email with phpmailer and my emails is going fine.

Can somebody know how to solve my problem?...

[eluser]nevsie[/eluser]
SPAM / JUNK folders can be cause by numerous things. 99% of time it will not be the script doing the sending causing this, but more that:

1. Subject and Body text contains word(s) that are triggering the SPAM filters
2. Your repeated sending of emails in mass all at one time may have caused your email address, servers IP address, domain to be blacklisted as a SPAMMER, hence all other systems refer to this central database of blocked addresses and block you too.
3. a person has reported you as SPAM and therefore the above block has been added
4. your mailservers/web server are not on the same IP and therefore systems can tell these emails are not coming from your mailserver, know they are automated, and detect them as spam. Look into SPF / TXT records for getting the other IP approved
5. you sending through scripts instead of using SMTP - they can detect this on the other end and see that its automated

etc etc etc etc etc etc...

My bet is if you sent 10,000 mails, your blacklisted for spamming - hence you ended up in spam folder.

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
If you are going to be sending those kinds of numbers, try throttling them, and send in chunks say 100 emails every 5 mins or something. But as mentioned, you send that kind of load and alot of them going to the same mail server, you're likely to get at least gray listed.

[eluser]senz[/eluser]
Nevsie and pickupman thanks for your advice... Right now i understand how to fix my application... Anyway i'm newbie in php and codeigniter and i need more practice with this... I'm sorry about my language Smile

/* Getting Love With CodeIgniter */

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB