Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.7 Professional Development

[eluser]Adam Griffiths[/eluser]
Hi guys,

Some of you may remember I posted a thread in these forums quite some time ago: "CodeIgniter Book Questions" where I asked what you would all like to see in an advanced CodeIgniter book.

Well I went off to find a publisher and started writing and that book is here!! I covered pretty much all of the topics you guys mentioned in the forum thread last year and more! It's available off Amazon here and packtpub.com when the site decides to fix itself. Smile

If anyone has read it (or when you read it!!) please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

[eluser]winterain[/eluser]
Fantastic, will place an order. Had a look at the table of contents and am really excited about reading and keeping it close as I work. Smile

[eluser]GlennJ[/eluser]
Hi Adam

I bought the eBook copy out of curiosity and have given it a quick read. I think as an introduction to CI it's pretty good! I like the fact it covers hooks, benchmarking etc.

It's probably aimed at people relatively new to CI, but I still found it a useful reference and I consider myself a PHP/CI expert.

I would like to see a follow-up covering more advanced topics. This could be based around building one example project and source code could be provided. Stuff like modular seperation, custom hooks, etc. PyroCMS is a good example that covers a lot of these technicalities.

Well done!

G.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="GlennJ" date="1273169015"]I would like to see a follow-up covering more advanced topics. This could be based around building one example project and source code could be provided. Stuff like modular seperation, custom hooks, etc. PyroCMS is a good example that covers a lot of these technicalities.[/quote]

That's where my follow-up book comes in, called "Codeigniter 2.0 Even more Professional Development". :-p

[eluser]GlennJ[/eluser]
Haha!

Are you ever on MSN Phil? Still after that chat... ;-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB