Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How a WYSIWYG works

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have started a blog project in ci and i have this one question.When using a WYSIWYG of my choice,a user is presented with ways of customizing text fonts,font size and even an opportunity to insert images and flash.

I am using mysql database to store blog posts.Question is,how do we store images that are attached to the blog post and also keep a user preferences for font size color,smileys and everything else that is customized during the writing of the blog post?.

Thanks.

[eluser]ram4nd[/eluser]
WYSIWYG makes html instead of plain text. And you store that html in you Database. You can find many tutorials how to upload images to database or folder by googleing it.

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
WYSIWYG are online html editors you can edit your content html with in WYSIWYG what every html or content you made with formatting can be saved in database where no need to save image in database, only save image path in database and save images on disk , Best editor is use id Tinymce where you can give you css file path also to it. it will call all your css file classes and put in dropdown which you can use for formatting, and use Tinybrowser as plugin for file manager in tinymce use it hope you will enjoy it and if you have any problem post you problem here will be solved.

[eluser]phpserver[/eluser]
There are numerous light Ajax powered WYSIWYG editors that you can make use of if you don't like to have very many features and options of them built into your editor.Google them.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB