Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent

[eluser]chicadeas[/eluser]
I know I am going to get some ugly replies to this post but I have searched past posts and have had no luck. I have had this problem before with blank spaces before or after php tags but that's not the problem this time. Here is the code in my controller and view files.

Code:
<?php
class Blog2 extends Controller
{

function Blog2 ()
{
parent::Controller();
$this->load->helper('url');
$this->load->helper('form');
}

function index ()
{
$data['title'] = "My blog title";  
$data['heading'] = "My Blog Heading";
$data ['query'] = $this->db->get('entries');

$this->load->view('blog2_view', $data);
}
}

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title><?php echo $title?></title>    
</head>
<body>
<h1>&lt;?php echo $heading?&gt;</h1>    

&lt;?php foreach($query->result() as $row): ?&gt;    
<h3>&lt;?=$row->title?&gt;</h3>
<p>&lt;?=$row->body?&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;?=anchor('blog2/comments/'.$row->id, 'Comments');?&gt;</p>

<hr>
&lt;?php endforeach; ?&gt;
&lt;/body&gt;
&lt;/html&gt;

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
There's nothing here that would modify the header, so I assume there is more code.

If you get this error, it usually says exactly in which file and on what line the error occurred? While file and line is that?

This is the full message:

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web214/b2141/ipg.tidetigercom/system/application/controllers/blog2.php:1)

What editor do you use? My first guess would be a Windows editor that creates UTF-8 files with a BOM header.

Check the file, and remove the BOM (most editors allow you to switch that off, if not, switch editors Wink)

Thanks WanWizard. I was using the FlashDevelop editor to get the error. I transferred the code to OpenOffice Writer and now it works perfectly. What editor do you reccomend.

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
[quote author="chicadeas" date="1273891870"]Thanks WanWizard. I was using the FlashDevelop editor to get the error. I transferred the code to OpenOffice Writer and now it works perfectly. What editor do you reccomend.[/quote]

That's kind of like asking, what car should I drive? It's all based on preferences. I could recommend Notepad++ for the barebones, and Netbeans for a good free php IDE.

[eluser]theprodigy[/eluser]
+1 for both of those.

I am on a linux box, so I use Netbeans for majority of stuff, but when a quick fix is needed I typically use vim. But when on a Windows box, Netbeans and Notepad++ work just as well.

This forum is unbeliveable. The responses are fast and the repliers sure know their stuff. Thank God for CodeIgniter.

In the 'old' days on Windows I used UltraEdit. Now, on Linux, I simply use Geany (in combination with my favorite subversion client, SyncroSVN).

[eluser]Zack Kitzmiller[/eluser]
From what my PyroCMS peers tell me, NetBeans is the goto editor on Win/Linux.

I use Coda and TextMate on the Mac.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB