Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
cart library and the session problem

[eluser]davidino86[/eluser]
hi all,

I'm using the native library of codeigniter and cart library for a little shop online, someone know if using both in the same time they cause conflitcs between sessions and cart?

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Which native library do you mean? The session library?

The cart library requires the session library, you can't use it without. And you should configure the session library to use the database to store the sessions. Cookies have a limited size, you won't be able to store more than a few cart items...

yes i mean the session library and i know that the cart library requires the session one.

but i'd like to know If I store other data in the session before I add any other item in the cart, can this cause the malfunction of the cart? For ex. It doesn’t store more than one item in the cart and print only the last I have stored, seeming that the other data have disappeared but indeed they appear again, just sometimes, when I refresh the page or change page and come back to the cart view.

now, even the login didn't work... i don't know why...i use the freakauth for the user management...

help me please!

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Do we have to guess to what you are doing?

The cart library works perfectly alongside every other use you would have for the session library. I don't know freakauth, and what kind of freaky stuff it does. The cart library uses only one session variable (an array) to store all cart contents, which I don't think is in conflict with any auth library.

So it must have to do with the way you have implemented sessions...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB