Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ci losing session information

[eluser]JonoB[/eluser]
I have a CI app that uses db sessions, and a few hundred users on at any one time.

Sessions work perfectly for everyone, except one guy, who keeps getting booted back to the auth/login controller after a few actions. It seems that clearing his cache works for a few days, but the problem then comes back.

As far as I am aware, he is the only user with this problem. Even his business partner sits next to him on a different pc and does not suffer the same problem.

Apparently he is using IE (8 or 9, cant remember which). I asked him to try chrome or FF, which he has said gives the same problem. I'm not sure if he actually has tried them or not...but I can't exactly argue with the guy.

Needless to say, the guy is pretty pissed off and ready to throw his pc out the window...or perhaps at me.

Any ideas on what to do or suggest here?

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Given the fact that his partner doesn't have the issue, throwing the PC out the window might solve the issue. Wink

Is this an ajax application? Perhaps you're running into the session id rotation bug. As a test you could set the rotation time a lot longer.

What browser are the other users using? Same or other? IE9 has quite a few security settings that might interfere with the correct storage of the cookie. But then the problem shouldn't be intermittent.

It could also be hardware related, like disk corruption or a full disk.

Without actually sitting behind this PC it will be difficult to determine the cause I'm afraid...

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
He could also have a virus on his system!

For Windows you can download this, it boots from cd/dvd and will find root kit trojans that anit-virus software will not find!

Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta Home

[eluser]JonoB[/eluser]
We have now narrowed this down to him using a mobile broadband USB dongle on his laptop! Same laptop connected to his wireless network at home works fine.

If this is indeed true...I'm not quite sure how to solve it. If at all possible.

[eluser]bhaskarudu[/eluser]
see post#31

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/135722/P30

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB