Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Redirect - jQuery plugin Colorbox ruins redirect on IE7 / 8 / 6 - this is weird, check this out.

[eluser]CloppiWeb[/eluser]
I'v been wrestling with this issue for a while. I wrote an earlier topic about weird flashdata behavior and redirect problems on IE browser.

For example. I submit a sign up form. I go to controllers method, do some validation, set a status message (flashdata) containing info whether form was successfully submitted or not and redirect back to previous url.

When CI was doing the redirect, the url in my browsers address bar was the base url + path/to/colorbox/images/internet_explore...WTF!!!!

So, I commented the including script portion from my header.php file where the colorbox.js file was included to the page and voila, no more redirect problems and flashdata works as it should.

I have big application library and did a lots of work when I changed from ci build in sesssion to db_session because I thought that cookies were not handled properly in IE...noub, colorbox.js file in my header.php file caused all the problems!

Any ideas where this comes from?

Problem found.

I followed one views execution steps from beginning to end, all the way through database layers dumping execution data and finally found the bug.

I have a library that generates forms. For each form I generate a hashed form key for validation which is then saved to users session. This call comes from the view layer after part of the view is generated. Before that I save a bunch of data to the session (db_session), like user data, uri history(flash_data), status message(flash_data), validation messages(flash_data) and the form keys. But, helper function which generates and saves the form key did not use set_flashdata function, it used the set_userdata with an array (set_userdat($data)) so that messed up the whole application. I dont know where the colorbox.js data came from but now it seems to work...I hope.

I think I need to go through the post concerning flashdata and redirect and see if I can help those dudes Big Grin

No, that was not the problem. The problem is in colorbox.css, where there are style for ie:

.cboxIE #cboxTopLeft{background:transparent; filter: progidBig GrinXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src=images/internet_explorer/borderTopLeft.png, sizingMethod='scale');}
.cboxIE #cboxTopCenter{background:transparent; filter: progidBig GrinXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src=images/internet_explorer/borderTopCenter.png, sizingMethod='scale');}
.cboxIE #cboxTopRight{background:transparent; filter: progidBig GrinXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src=images/internet_explorer/borderTopRight.png, sizingMethod='scale');}
.cboxIE #cboxBottomLeft{background:transparent; filter: progidBig GrinXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src=images/internet_explorer/borderBottomLeft.png, sizingMethod='scale');}
.cboxIE #cboxBottomCenter{background:transparent; filter: progidBig GrinXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src=images/internet_explorer/borderBottomCenter.png, sizingMethod='scale');}
.cboxIE #cboxBottomRight{background:transparent; filter: progidBig GrinXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src=images/internet_explorer/borderBottomRight.png, sizingMethod='scale');}
.cboxIE #cboxMiddleLeft{background:transparent; filter: progidBig GrinXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src=images/internet_explorer/borderMiddleLeft.png, sizingMethod='scale');}
.cboxIE #cboxMiddleRight{background:transparent; filter: progidBig GrinXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src=images/internet_explorer/borderMiddleRight.png, sizingMethod='scale');}

These style somehow interact with with setting flashdata, I dont know why...yet or ever.

And even more deeper. It seems that changing the src attribute affects. If I change the src attribute to url, application works as planned...wtf.

[eluser]xzyfer[/eluser]
this actually makes sense.

flash data is only available for a single request.

the src attributes in you css cause the browser to make a request to your server to fetch the data.

depending on your apache configuration, it's conceivable that these additional requests could be causing the CI core to 'boot' which could count as a request and therefore clear any flash data.

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
i ma also facing same problem with fancybox jquery plugin they are also using css in same way at the end i removed that and but again no transparency come when lightbox popup.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB