Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter and CentOS

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello, I've been reading the forum often although I don't have a registration here. But now I have a problem and no idea what to do, so any help will be deeply appreciated.

I have just installed Appache 2.2.3, PHP 5.1.6 and MySQL 5 on my CentOS 5.3 server. When I put an ordinary php script in var/www/html it works. However when I upload a fresh installation of CodeIgniter - nothing happens, no output at all. I inserted an "echo 'test';" line in the main CI index.php file and i'm getting the "test" output that way, but it seems that the welcome controller is not called at all.

Maybe I have to configure something else in CI or PHP? Can you please give me some directions?

-----------------UPDATE-----------------
I made some debugging and I found out that

index.php loads system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php
in CodeIngiter.php after the line $OUT =& load_class('Output');
i can no longer output echo 'test';

in the function load_class() when it's time to load the class Output

Code:
if (file_exists(APPPATH.'libraries/'.$class.EXT))
        {
            echo "Trying to load from APPPATH: ".APPPATH.'libraries/'.$class.EXT."<br/>";
            require(APPPATH.'libraries/'.$class.EXT);
            echo "Successfully loaded from APPPATH: ".APPPATH.'libraries/'.$class.EXT."<br/>";
            $is_subclass = FALSE;

}
        else
        {
            echo "Trying to load from BASEPATH: ".BASEPATH.'libraries/'.$class.EXT."<br/>"; // this line is outputted
            require_once(BASEPATH.'libraries/'.$class.EXT);
            echo "Successfully loaded from BASEPATH: ".BASEPATH.'libraries/'.$class.EXT."<br/>"; // this line is not and it seems the whole application ends here
            $is_subclass = FALSE;
        }

$OUT =& load_class('Output');

Thank you!

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
CentOS is our standard platform, we have several versions running to test our development.

Are your rights settings ok? Check the logs (CI and Apache) for errors.

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
I have run into issues before when I have downloaded files into home profile and unzipped them. When I copied the files into the /var/www folder, they were not being executed because they were owned by me. You may have to chown the files for the user/group apache runs under.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB