Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
UhOh! - Better Errors for CodeIgniter

[eluser]tkyy[/eluser]
i won't use this for the same reason i don't buy paper towels: because i don't make mistakes. just kidding, nice library Smile

[eluser]Prophet[/eluser]
Thanks Dan, I will be using this library to speed up debugging in some upcoming projects.

[eluser]sagarv[/eluser]
edit (wrong thread)

[eluser]James McMurray[/eluser]
[quote author="quasiperfect" date="1279313588"]the hooks are enabled i will have to do some debuging[/quote]

I'm getting the same error (running CI 1.5.4). I did not get the error running the exact same downloaded zip file of uhoh on a different server (running CI 1.7.2). The second server is mine and is a fresh install of CI with the only hook being uhoh. The one that fails is an inherited server which has Authlib also installed and enabled. There are also many other changes on that server which I couldn't begin to enumerate since I don't know them all. :|

It looks like one of three things is happening:

- uhoh doesn't like CI 1.5.4
- uhoh doesn't like Authlib
- some other change that was made to the inherited server is conflicting with uhoh

Unfortunately adding uhoh to the server it died on was a side project, not a requirement, so I don't know when I'll be able to look deeper. If anyone else is experiencing this and can give some more info (or even a fix Tongue ), that'd be great.

I should probably add that I've been using uhoh on the server that works and it's great. Thanks a lot for the hard work that went into making our lives easier! Big Grin

I believe I found the problem. I installed Auth on my server at home and did the same setup as I'd done at work and it gave me the same error. I had malformed hook setups, inadvertently combining the two into a single array. What fixed the problem was switching to:

// This is required to load the Exceptions library early enough
$hook['pre_system'] = array(
'function' => 'load_exceptions',
'filename' => 'uhoh.php',
'filepath' => 'hooks');

//Auth stuff here
$hook['pre_controller'] = array(
'class' => 'Auth_filter',
'function' => 'before',
'filename' => 'Auth.php',
'filepath' => 'hooks',
'params' => array()
);

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Brilliant. Makes debugging much easier. Thanks.

[eluser]TaylorOtwell[/eluser]
Awesome library!

[eluser]rockbust[/eluser]
[quote author="tkyy" date="1280060480"]i won't use this for the same reason i don't buy paper towels: because i don't make mistakes. just kidding, nice library Smile[/quote]

Doug, I am surprised you are still posting here after ripping off my $500. This money could have went to an honest programmer. Never to late to fix the situation.
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/170501/#812425

[eluser]paulipv[/eluser]
Good job.
10+

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB