Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Hosting

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

So I have been looking around for companies who provide CI hosting and I am not having much luck. I have been told by most of them that the only framework they support is Zend.

Does anyone know any cheap hosting companies who provide CI usage/installation ideally in a shared hosting environment/possible dedicated server setup ?

Thanks

[eluser]Crimp[/eluser]
Almost every single hosting company out there supports CI. Look at the technical specifications of shared hosting. CI even caters for PHP 4. The only possible issue I can think of is overrides with .htaccess. This it not required, but needed if you want to remove /index.php/ in your URLs. Most shared hosts allow it.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thank you for your response buy friday, thursday, saturday and now today I spoke to some of the hosting companies and they said they do not support the use of frameworks, Thats why I originally made the post to see if people could name some that do:

Here is a list of some of the hosting companies I have tried:

Heart Internet, Justhost, Supergreen hosting, Uk2net, hostclear, fatcow etc..

[eluser]Jelmer[/eluser]
Quote:they do not support the use of frameworks
No hosting company would under normal conditions, they won't support the use of an application or other piece of software for that matter either. No company in their right mind is going to guarantee you support for anything. They give their specs and it's up to you to take the time to see if those specs support the software or framework you want to use. If they do you can use the software if they don't you can't.

CI should run on any host with PHP support. But they won't support you using it, that's not their job - their job is just to provide the hosting, not to support what you're using it for.

EDIT: I took a quick look at the first 3 hosting companies you mentioned, all of their specs fully support CI and can run it optimally.

EDIT 2: There's also CloudIgniter, they do officially support CI.

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
CloudIgniter provides special Codeigniter hosting: http://getcloudigniter.com/

[eluser]humbertoizaiah[/eluser]
I am fairly new to object oriented programming. But after hearing good things about CodeIgniter here and other places I decided to create my next project using this framework. I was wondering if someone could review my code, it is too simple verification admin: Even if it works, I am not sure I do everything the best I can. And before you proceed with this project, I want to be sure I will be as effective as possible.

[eluser]Josh K[/eluser]
[quote author="Yorick Peterse" date="1281286789"]CloudIgniter provides special Codeigniter hosting: http://getcloudigniter.com/[/quote]

That is some of the most overpriced hosting I've seen.

SliceHost is my go-to host for basic stuff. If I need something more robust but temporary I look at Rackspace Cloud. Setting up Apache / PHP5 is easy, there is plenty of help around. No need to pay $60 / month when you can get the same for $20 and a little extra work.

[eluser]jsfmills[/eluser]
A web host is a service provider that places your web site on a computer which is connected to the internet.No company in their right mind is going to guarantee you support for anything. They give their specs and it’s up to you to take the time to see if those specs support the software or framework you want to use.This is particularly important for those who want to search for quick answer without seeking direct assistance from customer support staff.A web host might have the best feature offered, unbeatable customer support and reliability in place but without an effective marketing plan, it will go bust too.

[eluser]Clooner[/eluser]
I'm now testing Webfaction and so far it has been good. Webfaction It's fast(really), cheap($5,50 a month) with excellent support and it's easy to run CI on this.

[eluser]pbreit[/eluser]
Quote:That is some of the most overpriced hosting I’ve seen. SliceHost is my go-to host for basic stuff. If I need something more robust but temporary I look at Rackspace Cloud. Setting up Apache / PHP5 is easy, there is plenty of help around. No need to pay $60 / month when you can get the same for $20 and a little extra work.

Don't listen to Josh. Cloudigniter starts at $0 and tops out at $28.50 for shared hosting.

But the fact remains that pretty much every hosting provider likely supports CodeIgniter. CodeIgnite is just plain ole PHP...nothing fancy.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB