Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why do people remove their Application folder from System?

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
If application/ is in the same level as index.php you don't need to change the value of $application_folder.

[eluser]Aple[/eluser]
So I just have to remove Applications from System and everything is peachy keen?

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
Have you tried it?

[eluser]montego[/eluser]
Since the application/logs and application/cache directories have to be write-able, I also decided to move these outside of my web root. The absolute paths to logs and cache can be configured in the application/config/config.php script. I, too, am using one system installation for multiple sites (really, that is my plan and have it working), so it is in a centralized place, and application is outside each domain's web root. Just need to configure as such in index.php as others have mentioned.

[eluser]Rolly1971[/eluser]
from when i started using CI the index.php has a if-else statement in it that first looks for the application folder under the root of the basepath EG: it would first try and determine id the application folder exists at: example.com/application, if it does not it then moves on to example.com/system/application. all you have to do is move the folder to the same root level as the system folder, no code changes needed.

as a few others mentioned it is a good thing to do if you are running multiple ci apps off the same site, that way you only have 1 system folder instead of 2, 3, 4 or more.

you can even move the system folder outside the root web directory, just change the index.php file to reflect that path by adding: ../ to the variable.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB