Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
file upload- Can you give URL as source image instead of path to image?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi guys,

In my CMS I mostly upload images that are already on the Web. It would be useful if I could give them to my upload form directly via URL. Currently, I have to download tham to computer and than upload them to the form (code bellow).
The part echo form_upload('userfile'); handles the upload but can't manage the URL.

I use library('upload'), and this is what my form looks like:

Code:
echo form_open_multipart('admin/upload');
    echo form_upload('userfile');
    echo form_submit('upload', 'Upload');
    echo form_close();

All the best,
Gregor

[eluser]davidbehler[/eluser]
What you could do is this:
- remove the upload field
- add a new input field called "url" or whatever you want where you enter the url of the file you want to upload to your server
- after submitting the form you take the value from the url input field and let the server download the file, e.g. using file_get_contents() or fopen()

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="waldmeister" date="1282752436"]What you could do is this:
- remove the upload field
- add a new input field called "url" or whatever you want where you enter the url of the file you want to upload to your server
- after submitting the form you take the value from the url input field and let the server download the file, e.g. using file_get_contents() or fopen()[/quote]

Thanks waldmester fot the idea. However, file_get_contents only puts image into string and fopen does simmilar. So I need something more to save the image to the server.

I found the simple solution for that:
Code:
$url = 'http://example.com/image.jpg';
$img = 'myImageName.jpg';
file_put_contents($img, file_get_contents($url));

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB