Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Going between controllers

[eluser]Todlerone[/eluser]
Hello everyone and thankyou again for any help/suggestions. I'm still getting use to CI. I have successfully created a template site with forms that will create DB records. My question is simple. Once my form validates and displayes my new view with a specific sidebar menu for the selected person. How do I maintain my data array to go to different controllers from the selectable options in my menu. I keep getting an undefined variable error.

TY

[eluser]treeface[/eluser]
Todlerone, your question is extremely vague. You'll either have to explain what you want to do in more detail, or provide the beginnings of the code that will get you there. In the meantime, have a look at this:

http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...sions.html

In particular the section on flashdata, because that might begin to help you.

TY treeface. Basically here is my problem. I have a simple template system that uses header, footer, content and a left side menu bar. My site primarily needs to view a persons record, add a new person or edit a person already in my database. I've successfully made a controller that will add a new person and also select a person from the database and display it for me. My problem starts when I have retreived my persons data and gone to a successful load view that displays this content and also loads a menu sidebar to do things to this data. One of the menu items is to allow me to edit this retreived data. I have a
Code:
<li><a href="https://site.ca/index.php/admin/admin_person_edit_form/index.php/&lt;?php echo $ps['NumID']; ?&gt;/">Edit Person Info</a><span>Edit this persons information.</span></li>
menu link that will send me to a new controller but I can never get it to work. I'm triing to pass the autoindex database number to the index of the new controller. I then will again load my model and retreive the data. Do I have to do this since I just came from a controller that did it?

My problem is passing an array or a num variable to the index of a controller from a menu link.

Anyone....TY

Hello again. Ok I've tried using sessions and have been able to display data thru them. However, when I try to go to a new controller from my person edit menu I get a
Undefined property: CI_Loader::$session
when triing to diplay some data. Any help/suggestions. TY

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB