Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What's Happening Now?

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1288268916"][quote author="Блум" date="1288266823"]Better hurry up.. the people are starting to wander if CI is in coma.[/quote]

I'm very disappointed with Phil after reading that blog post.

Both Phil and Dan appear to be very self absorbed individuals who should know that they would be nothing without the audience and publicity they have obtained from their relationship with Ellislab, CodeIgniter and this community.

The mere fact their new framework is almost a direct copy of Kohana with ideas taken from Codeigniter proves to me their total lack of imagination. It doesn't even seem to matter to them that they run over other hardworking developers without attributing copyright properly where it is due. [/quote]

I'm surprised to see you being a outspoken individual here wired, you have always been so level headed and logical in the past... ;-)

Since when was using existing frameworks as a base for our own a bad thing? Is this not exactly how Kohana started back in the BlueFlame days that a few of us remember?

Kohana started from frustration in CodeIgniter's slow progress. They took this project and added some great ideas, but at the same time added some really stupid ideas into the codebase.

FuelPHP is essentially taking the best ideas from both. I have no problem with making a framework that is "CodeIgniter but 5% better" or "Kohana, but 5% better" as it is already 5% better.

We have left licenses in place for every library taken from either. This is exactly how open source code works.

All of that said I have been speaking to several people within EllisLabs. You and D13 are the only people to think I am "whining". D13, I see that you disagree with me and I hope you and your two follows on twitter agree with you.]

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1288327854"]All of that said I have been speaking to several people within EllisLan. You and D13 are the only people to think I am "whining". D13, I see that you disagree with me and I hope you and your two follows on twitter agree with you.][/quote]

Dear twitter god - I'm sorry that I do not match up to your elite twitter status. Please forgive me and give me the chance to obtain more followers, oh powerful one.

So you "see that I disagree with you"... what's so bad about that? Are we not allowed to disagree with one another? Isn't that what this whole thing is about - disagreement? I think I'm entitled to disagree with you and the crew you associate yourself with just as much as you disagree with how EllisLab has been handling (or not handling) the community and this framework.

You think certain things about this situation. I don't happen to share some of those views. So what? Shall we now be mortal enemies until the bitter end?

[eluser]kirkaracha[/eluser]
Last week Phil wrote CodeIgniter 2.0 is stable (enough) post and spelled out some of the reasons CodeIgniter hasn't gotten much attention.

Quote:EllisLab have been busy working on ExpressionEngine and MojoMotor while only really fixing a few CodeIgniter bug's here and there. I'd say that's fair enough right? After-all those two applications are the main bread and butter of the company. Does this mean that CodeIgniter will end up stagnating? Hell no.
That was a week ago Monday; what's changed since then?

As for developers' impatience with 2.0 being released, what's keeping people from using 2.0 now? What specific features do you need that it doesn't have? I think it would be more helpful to EllisLab to be as specific as possible with needed features so they can prioritize them.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
@phil, Why do you keep referring back to BlueFlame to justify yourselves? Those days are long gone.

Kohana is not a CodeIgniter clone it is a totally different product than CodeIgniter or even BlueFlame for that matter, and you know that.

Of course you are entitled to fork Kohana or CodeIgniter as allowed for in their respective licensing, but don't make out as though you could ever produce a better product than either of those two development teams.

If you build a new framework from scratch then more power to you. But don't come in here spouting off about how good it is when it doesn't even work yet.

[quote author="Developer13" date="1288328508"][quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1288327854"]All of that said I have been speaking to several people within EllisLan. You and D13 are the only people to think I am "whining". D13, I see that you disagree with me and I hope you and your two follows on twitter agree with you.][/quote]

Dear twitter god - I'm sorry that I do not match up to your elite twitter status. Please forgive me and give me the chance to obtain more followers, oh powerful one.

So you "see that I disagree with you"... what's so bad about that? Are we not allowed to disagree with one another? Isn't that what this whole thing is about - disagreement? I think I'm entitled to disagree with you and the crew you associate yourself with just as much as you disagree with how EllisLab has been handling (or not handling) the community and this framework.

You think certain things about this situation. I don't happen to share some of those views. So what? Shall we now be mortal enemies until the bitter end?[/quote]

Ha, I like the sound of that. I'm having no disagreement with EllisLab, we are in talks and my post is making things happen. Not a problem from my end! I was more annoyed with your rude comments about me being a "toxin in the codeigniter community". I'd love you to find people other than wired to back that up.

The future is happening, Ellis are responding, the post worked.

[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1288329509"]@phil, Why do you keep referring back to BlueFlame to justify yourselves? Those days are long gone.

Kohana is not a CodeIgniter clone it is a totally different product than CodeIgniter or even BlueFlame for that matter, and you know that.

Of course you are entitled to fork Kohana or CodeIgniter as allowed for in their respective licensing, but don't make out as though you would ever produce a better product than either of those two development teams.

If you build a new framework from scratch then more power to you. But don't come in here spouting off about how good it is when it doesn't even work yet.[/quote]

Could you be any less relevant with anything that you say? When did I "spout off" about anything to do with Fuel in here?

The point of BlueFlame was people getting fed up and wanting to try their own thing. Since then they improved the framework incrementally until 2.4 at which point they made a fundamental recode to 3.0. This recode had several ideas I like, and many that I didn't.

The entire point of Fuel is managing the good and the bad from both frameworks. Kohana and CI are both good in their own ways, Fuel combines the two with the best of both. We don't need to be massively imaginative to manage that.

Phil, your arrogance and vanity is really showing here. Again - I never mentioned your name - so any reference you come up with is nothing more than an implication born from your ego.

Are you so disillusioned to think the "future" wouldn't have happened without you and your silly little blog post?

[quote author="Developer13" date="1288329832"]Phil, your arrogance and vanity is really showing here. Again - I never mentioned your name - so any reference you come up with is nothing more than implied by your ego.

Are you so disillusioned to think the "future" wouldn't have happened without you and your silly little blog post?[/quote]

Well my blog post was exactly the reason for the direct emails from a few EllisLab employees so... um... yes, that is the case.

I don't think you read my question, but OK.

Confusednake:

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB