Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
FUEL CMS

[eluser]rundmc[/eluser]
I've just posted our companies CodeIgniter based CMS, FUEL CMS, to github. Quick feature list:

* Inline editing
* Opt-in controller development-- meaning you don't need to create controllers for views. You can also apply variables similarly to how you do routes.
* Modular based and easy to add modules to the system
* Includes blog, validation, seo, cron, testing and backup modules by default
* Uses Dwoo templating syntax
* Expanded code library
* And a bunch more...

http://www.getfuelcms.com/

DOCUMENTATION AND BLOG POSTS
http://www.getfuelcms.com/user_guide
http://www.thedaylightstudio.com/the-whi...s/fuel-cms

More to come with documentation, blog posts and we are working on a new site design for the project.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Great work. I love the name.

I would have preferred to see Modular Extensions used rather than Matchbox though.

Maybe the next version?

[eluser]rundmc[/eluser]
Thanks. I had heard rumors (from a couple sources) that CI 2 was going to include a real modules solution (including controllers... which packages don't have) and we may not need either... but alas, those were just rumors. I will probably need to use Modular Extensions for a CI 2 port anyways, but we'll see. Native modules support is by far my #1 feature request for CI!

[eluser]davidbehler[/eluser]
Is this related to FuelPHP the new framework that was announced some days ago?

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
We don't have anything to do with each other no. I know of FuelCMS (and have met rundmc in SF). The product looks great and I can't wait to see where it goes!

I was under the impression Dan had been in touch with Dave for permission to use a similar name but now apparently this is not the case. More on this soon.

[eluser]iloveci[/eluser]
I'll check this out for sure. Thanks for sharing.

[eluser]iloveci[/eluser]
Just thought I'd mention it. I grabbed this straight off of github, installed from the sql. Whenever I go to the navigation section from admin it errors because nav_key is missing from the database. So I'm thinking the installation sql is not up to date. I added the field nav_key in and it works fine now.

*edit* You probably hate me but I also noticed that you cannot save/edit anything in the admin area with chrome, I had to use firefox.

[eluser]rundmc[/eluser]
Thanks for the heads up iloveci. I've made that change and pushed to github as well as a few others including a jquery/Safari issue that was preventing people from saving (had to revert to 1.4.2). I've also fixed an issue with the module specific documentation not showing their proper pages.

[eluser]iloveci[/eluser]
Good to hear, I'll keep playing around with it and let you know if I find anything else. Overall though I'm quite impressed.

On a personal level though getting quite depressed. All of these great CMS's like fuel and pyro are making my personal projects look so bad Sad I need to raise my standards.

[eluser]nevsie[/eluser]
Any demo screens, demonstration videos, etc? Looks like a nice system would be intrigued to know more before I find time to trial it!!!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB