Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problem with caching

[eluser]mikekiche[/eluser]
Hi,

I am new to CodeIgniter.
I would like to use the caching capability of codeigniter.
i left the config path as default :
$config['cache_path'] = '';
then i put in in my controller's function
$this->output->cache(1);

The first time i access the function, it displays my page, but then, if i want to display it again.
If the cache time duration is not over (here 1 mn), it just displays me a blank page...

I use codeigniter 2.0

Thanks for you help.

Michael

Edit : It seems to be a problem from codeigniter 2.0 because i just tried the same thing in codeigniter 1.7.2. and there is no problem.

is this normal? is it just me?

[eluser]dudeami0[/eluser]
That doesn't sound to normal. The only thing I can think of is did you check your permissions on the cache folder, but if it works in 1.7.2 that might not be the issue.

maybe i am doing something wrong.

Where should i put "$this->output->cache(1);"

at the beginning or the end (i put it at the end) of my function?

Thanks for your help

Well from my understanding, it doesn't matter. Codeigniter actually "captures" everything in the controller then outputs it later. Try clearing the cache folder (leave index.html for security) and run a "cached" page. Check out the file that's created when caching happens.

I get files in my system/cache folder. I deleted them, but once i displayed my page, it creates a new one (which is normal ?!)
But do i have to use a function like get_cache or something to display the cache?

I looked at the file that has been created.
In the code, there is :
1289770390TS---><html>...</html>

Yea, that's normal for it to create a new file. It should just load automatically. Also, it only works with views being loaded and not echos/such from the controller itself. Mind showing a controller function that uses the caching?

well i just put it in the already made "welcome" controller of the latest codeigniter version on bitbucket.
I just add "$this->output->cache(1);" at the end of the index function...

Oh, well that shouldn't happen then :S Make sure no files are corrupted? It works fine on my CI2, but it looks like some changes have been made since my last time downloading it. CodeIgniter 2 isn't "done", so it could just be a bug :p

ok. Guess i'll wait... Thanks for your help anyway

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB