Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Things to remember before going live

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I remember seeing here topics about "things to remember when you go live" with your project and some different ways to separate your development and production servers but I'm having a hard time to figure out keywords to find these topics, maybe some one could point me to right direction Wink

[eluser]Bastian Heist[/eluser]
Here's a good blogpost on smashing magazine:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/...r-website/

and, if you want it extra detailed, see this:

http://www.boxuk.com/blog/the-ultimate-w...-checklist

As far as CodeIgniter is concerned, remember to check the database.php and config.php and adapt it to production environment.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thank you! Really good articles and I'm definitely going to check them out but I was interested in this topic more like Codeigniter's point of view, maybe some kind of checklist about basic configuration settings to get ideas and maybe point few things what I may be missing before I go live with my first Codeigniter project.

When it comes to development and production servers, one easy way is of course leave database and config files out of version control or another way is to add some variables to your index.php to point out what server you are working.

I'm sure I have seen some talk about these matters not that long time ago, just can't remember where Wink

[eluser]smilie[/eluser]
Haven't read articles, but I always wear same T-Shirt whenever something goes live :-)
Call it a luck charm or whatever, but has always helpt me :-)

Cheers,
Smilie

[eluser]Bart v B[/eluser]
[quote author="smilie" date="1290206775"]Haven't read articles, but I always wear same T-Shirt whenever something goes live :-)
Call it a luck charm or whatever, but has always helpt me :-)

Cheers,
Smilie[/quote]

I alway's check my banking account if the money is stored from the customer that want his website online. Wink

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]
Test to see if your error_logging is working:

config/php
Code:
$config['log_threshold'] = 1;

$config['log_path'] = getcwd() .'/' .APPPATH;

Then watch out for:

Murphy's Eleventh Law: It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious.
"

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB