Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[Beta] SMP Framework For Developers

[eluser]Deep Arora[/eluser]
Hello CIers Smile

We're ready with the SMP (SiteManPro) framework built on CodeIgnitor. It's a free framework offering features such as membership system, shopping cart, content management, invoicing, helpdesk etc etc.

We will be releasing the add-ons slowly, but we're releasing the beta this month to test the waters and seek some serious advice from the CI audience.

The full details about this framework can be found here:
http://sitejerk.com/software/sitemanpro/

Don't try downloading from the page above as links are not enabled.

We'd like to invite you to beta test the software, take a close look at the code, provide your feedback and comments. We will form a private group with interested developers who are willing to test the first module of the software, and if they like it, write on add-ons or help in documentation for it.

The beta version includes the first module - selling digital products via the system.

So if you are interested in beta testing it, please post here or PM me and I will send you the download link of the software. We will share feedback through a private forum.

Looking forward for help from CI community of friends Smile

Thanks,
Deep

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
Sounds really interesting I would be willing to take a look at your code and critique it. When you say framework you mean you've added in useful and missing features to CI like an auth library, etc, right?

[eluser]jackdowsan[/eluser]
I would also love to have a look. Thanks

[eluser]codeninja[/eluser]
Count me in.

[eluser]Sinclair[/eluser]
I'm interested in testing it.

[eluser]bema2004sw[/eluser]
Sounds interesting! Thanks.

[quote author="Vheissu" date="1290996980"]Sounds really interesting I would be willing to take a look at your code and critique it. When you say framework you mean you've added in useful and missing features to CI like an auth library, etc, right?[/quote]

Thanks mate. No, framework means to add more features using modules easily to the application so that you don't have to write down same functions again and again. For example, you don't create different views for different pages, if you don't want to. The entire app is running using just 2-3 views. Then the entire layout of the app (admin area) is loaded, with menu options after checking ACL (yes, it has a strong built in ACL, but gui for it will be available in near future), and forming search fields for each screen automatically. You just load the predefined functions in your new controller and everything is done for you.

We're working to add hooks to the app so creating plugin can be a breeze.

And yes, it does have its own auth features, but they are worked upon to add little more robustness as of now.

Just to keep everyone informed, we'll send out direct download links on Dec 1, via PM. Thanks everyone who has shown interest so far, including those sent me a PM.

[eluser]abada[/eluser]
me 2

Here’s the DEMO link:
http://littledumbguy.com/demo/smp

Admin: admin/admin
Customer: customer/customer

Small Note: To see how easy it will to create unlimited user roles and assign granular permissions based on user roles in future (when GUI is ready), select “users” option under “contact” menu and try to edit/delete the user record. System will stop you. Similarly, you’d be able to restrict users to access whatever modules you want through a neat interface, when it is ready.

We are little behind the schedule, so that's why I am posting an online demo link. I'll send the code setup files shortly via PM after few fixes are done and baselined.

Meanwhile, please go through the demo at the link above and share your feedback.

Thanks,
Deep

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB