Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Form Validation Class -- Tutorial Bug?

[eluser]khsmith[/eluser]
I've been ripping through the User Guide, section by section, as recommended.

All was going well until I tried to submit a form as per the Form Validation Class Section tutorial.

1. I cut and pasted the two trivial forms and the "form.php" controller into the suggested files in views and controllers directories.

2. the form displays, but when submitted, I get a form not found message with "index.php/form.html" as the URL being the redirection. The expected behavior is to return to the (form.php), because no validation rules have been added at this point.

I have tried this with both the current production 1.7.x version and the latest version 2.0, cloned from the Mercurial repository.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Why the wrong suffix? What do I need to do to get the Class to redirect back to the correct form. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm stuck, short of hacking the Form Validation class, hoping there is an obvious fix or explanation.

Thanks much.

[eluser]khsmith[/eluser]
OK. looks like I have more info on my situation. I have CI in two subdirectories in my web root. "ci" and "ci2" one for each version.

Looking at the redirect URL giving the "not found" message, the "/ci" component is missing. Editing that in, I get the form, so my focus on the suffix was a more obvious, but red herring.

Looks like probably a config error on my part....

More news as it happens.

[eluser]khsmith[/eluser]
Got my vanilla ci2 install to work. Tried to get 1.7.x to work -- my system dir was not in the web root -- may have been the problem. But would not work for me -- probably makes the most sense to move on and go with version 2.

No further help is requested from the forum.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB