Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
what does this mean, ci is for programmer who do not want to be forced to learn a templating language.

[eluser]searain[/eluser]
CI is for you if

*You do not want to be forced to learn a templating language (although a template parser is optionally available if you desire one).

Does it mean that CI is a clean cut MVC, its view is already clean and readable as a templating language?

I am debating should I use template engine in CI project. I don't see a big reason to do so.

In stead of spending time to add smarty to the CI project, maybe the time better spent on make the code clean and simple, make the view clean and simple even not using template engine.

[eluser]richthegeek[/eluser]
It means that by default it doesn't have a templating "language" of any real measure*, and it'd intended for your views to be plain HTML/PHP. However, views should stick to the idea that they contain only "display" logic such as formatting strings.

You can add a templating library such as Smarty if you want to (see the wiki for more info, I don't use them) if you are used to such things.

* it has a very rudimentary variable parser built in that can loop over arrays, but it has no "logic" engine in this parser so it's (almost) useless.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB