Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
transfer to new hosting

[eluser]Andrew5[/eluser]
hi, I transfered my site which works on CodeIgniter to new hosting by: just uploading files and creating database. (actually that was the way how I installed it). Everything works good, but any page I click display main, index page. what is the reason and how can I solve this issue? site link is here

p.s. I am total newbie in this cms and tried to find solution in this forum/faq/wiki but no success.

[eluser]cideveloper[/eluser]
I think your htaccess file is doing something wrong . Please post that so we can take a look at it

[eluser]michalsn[/eluser]
You can also check different settings for $config['uri_protocol'] in config file.

[eluser]Andrew5[/eluser]
wow, I don't have .htaccess at all. shall I upload it? what should it consist?

and that's how uri is in my config.php:

//$config['uri_protocol'] = "AUTO";
$config['uri_protocol'] = "ORIG_PATH_INFO";

is it ok?

[eluser]michalsn[/eluser]
Sample htaccess file (required mod_rewrite module for Apache):
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]
User guide is your friend: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui.../urls.html

$config[‘uri_protocol’] - maybe try set it to AUTO first.

[eluser]Andrew5[/eluser]
[quote author="michalsn" date="1291992954"]Sample htaccess file (required mod_rewrite module for Apache):
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]
User guide is your friend: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui.../urls.html

$config[‘uri_protocol’] - maybe try set it to AUTO first.[/quote]

didn't try to fix my problem, so here I come back to it.

1. I created .htaccess file but i think denies access to all files, like stylesheets, so page doesn't load normally. and doesn't solve issue with urls. here is the link tige.com.ua

2. I tried $config[‘uri_protocol’] make AUTO, but then everywhere 404 appears except index page.

So what can it be? Maybe issue in CHMOD access somewhere on FTP? I noticed it gives everywhere 644 by default, last server where site worked okay didn't.

please help! I am even willing to pay if needed. so need to fix that problem but can't by myself. I know issue is little but where to search?

[eluser]greku13[/eluser]
I use the htaccess file on this page. http://codeigniter.com/wiki/mod_rewrite/

And it works.

I use it on my local computer and had to change the "RewriteBase /" (because of alias in apache) but you probably don't care on a server with a domain.

[eluser]Andrew5[/eluser]
okay i just copy / paste, now it like on that page.

now it's better, styles are applied, but all urls the same display index page. like in the beginning.

is CHMOD of .htaccess important?

[eluser]greku13[/eluser]
[quote author="Andrew5" date="1295367625"]okay i just copy / paste, now it like on that page.

now it's better, styles are applied, but all urls the same display index page. like in the beginning.

is CHMOD of .htaccess important?[/quote]

I think so, the apache server must have read access on the htaccess file which is probably the case by default after uploading the file on the server.

[eluser]Andrew5[/eluser]
so I set 0777 to .htaccess. nothing.

please help me guys, I'm willing to pay if that's neccessary..

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB