Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SQL Server 2008 and CI

[eluser]theknight[/eluser]
I have an application developed using CI that retrieves data from a msSQL SQL Server 2008 database.

So far I am able to without any problems access the file locally with php (non ip, just instance name), but I am having severe difficulties accessing the database remotely. At first I thought it was due to my network configuration settings, but I am able to connect to the computer with the msSQL db using an ip address within SQL server 2008.

I am wondering if anyone else is having similar problems, if so, how did you solve it?

Many thanks.

[eluser]jonldavis[/eluser]
My application connects to several different MS SQL Servers (both 2005 and 2008, plus 2000 in the past) and I have not had any problems, either developing on my local machine or on a dev/test web server. SQL Server 2008 has pretty robust security settings, but luckily my DBA takes care of that so I don't have to worry about it. I always use the instance name, not the IP.

When you say "severe difficulties" what do you mean? Is SQL Server returning an error message? Is there no response at all?

[eluser]Dan Bowling[/eluser]
CI works fine with SQL server (2005 and 2008 in my experience). Does your SQL server error log show an error for the user? If it does, you'll have you answer in that error text. If not, then maybe check the following:

* Is SQL Server set up as a firewall exception
* Can you log in with that username/password remotely with the Management Studio?
* Are you sure you're using the MSSQL database driver?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB