Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Extending an existing Codeigniter Application

[eluser]chrisls121[/eluser]
Ive been searching around for a invoicing program for the company which I worked for and settled on the wonderful MyClientBase by Jessed Terry.

At the same time Ive been looking to getting into programming. PHP with the help of Codeigniter seemed a great place to start and since MyClientBase was designed with the freelancer in mind I've been working on extending and customizing it to fit the needs of our business process such as purchase orders, time-sheets, shipment tracking, etc...

In doing so I felt it was best to upgrade to Codeigniter 2.0 since were running PHP5 on our server and would like to future proof the App. Ive also upgraded the Modular Extensions by wiredesignz which MyClientBase was using.

So far I haven't had any luck and I cant seem to overcome the PHP errors now being thrown

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/widgets.php

Line Number: 15

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/hvsonca/sub_sites/dev/app/modules_core/invoices/controllers/widgets.php on line 15

on the most pages.

AND

Code:
Fatal error: Call to a member function set_rules() on a non-object in /home/hvsonca/sub_sites/dev/app/modules_core/clients/models/mdl_clients.php on line 90

When trying to edit a client

Those are just a few and was hoping someone could guide me in the right direction of what I may be missing

P.S Ive updated all the custom controllers to extend the CI_Controller.

Update Ive solved...

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/widgets.php

Line Number: 15

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/hvsonca/sub_sites/dev/app/modules_core/invoices/controllers/widgets.php on line 15

But now the layout is all messed up Sad

Seems like it has to do with the following code which is included on many views.

Code:
<?php echo modules::run('invoices/widgets/generate_dialog'); ?>

When I remove this line the layout returns to normal.

Thanks,
Chris L

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB