Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
We challenge you to find a framework that has better performance than CodeIgniter.

[eluser]VicToMeyeZR[/eluser]
Sorry, command line php frameworks, are stupid, and I see NO point to it, other than to make people think, its a good framework. "look what I can build in 5 min". Yeah right.

[eluser]jayrulez[/eluser]
[quote author="VicToMeyeZR" date="1293505994"]Sorry, command line php frameworks, are stupid, and I see NO point to it, other than to make people think, its a good framework. "look what I can build in 5 min". Yeah right.[/quote]

What do you mean by "command line php frameworks"?

[quote author="jayrulez" date="1293507838"]

What do you mean by "command line php frameworks"?[/quote]

Quote:run a simple console command to generate a skeleton Web application built with Yii.

All those are, are cheap knockoffs to a zend server environment, and a pain in the rear.

[eluser]Twisted1919[/eluser]
@VicToMeyeZR

Sorry to dissapoint you but Yii is not a command line framework, it is AND a command line framework.
You can generate the code from the command line OR by using GII which is a web interface for creating controllers + models + forms + modules OR you can write them manually, up to you .

And again, if i can write a single line of code that will generate me an entire module skeleton or if i do a click getting same result, then i need to wait for you to copy/paste or hand write in couple of minutes what i just did in 1 second . So, make a sum out of this, and i believe in an entire year, i am ahead of you with a few more projects, so it is a win or not ?

[quote author="Twisted1919" date="1293513381"]@VicToMeyeZR

Sorry to dissapoint you but Yii is not a command line framework, it is AND a command line framework.
You can generate the code from the command line OR by using GII which is a web interface for creating controllers + models + forms + modules OR you can write them manually, up to you .

And again, if i can write a single line of code that will generate me an entire module skeleton or if i do a click getting same result, then i need to wait for you to copy/paste or hand write in couple of minutes what i just did in 1 second . So, make a sum out of this, and i believe in an entire year, i am ahead of you with a few more projects, so it is a win or not ?[/quote]

It depends on what you want. That's just me personally. Not going to try to convince any one otherwise, and you won't convince me otherwise. Smile

[quote author="Twisted1919" date="1293513381"]

And again, if i can write a single line of code that will generate me an entire module skeleton or if i do a click getting same result, then i need to wait for you to copy/paste or hand write in couple of minutes what i just did in 1 second . So, make a sum out of this, and i believe in an entire year, i am ahead of you with a few more projects, so it is a win or not ?[/quote]

Also, doesn't mean I wont look at it either. I have an open mind, I just haven't found on yet, that I liked...

You will see that when you have many projects on your hands and there are a lot of people rely on you to finish them on time, every second matters .

I don't try to convince anybody, you see , i am still on this forum, meaning that CI has something that i like too, but hell i like playing with many things at once Wink

[eluser]Evollution[/eluser]
Twisted1919 and what you dont like on CI

Quote:Twisted1919 and what you dont like on CI
I could write you a full page about, but as every framework has it's up and downs and when you choose to use it, somehow you accept them, even if you are a newbie and you don't know them, even if you are a pro and you will find workarounds.

Anyway, everyone is free to do what they want, if you don't like CI, you can move to something else when you want, of course this is a frustrating action after you spent almost 2 years with CI and all your large projects(more than 50) are written in CI and you are forced to stay with CI on most of them, because you don't have time to rewrite them all. Even if, overall, i had my good times with CI (still have) , if i were a newbie again, i would think twice before choosing it, that's the hard truth.

One thing that rocks on CI is... well... US, the community.
This amazing community kept the things work as they should, but there is a time, when the people who run these forums should do more, and i have a bad feeling that, that time won't be too soon .

[eluser]SPeed_FANat1c[/eluser]
Quote:7) Transactions that works (In CI, that’s something that doesn’t work)
What do you mean,

Code:
$this->db->trans_start();
$this->db->query('AN SQL QUERY...');
$this->db->query('ANOTHER QUERY...');
$this->db->query('AND YET ANOTHER QUERY...');
$this->db->trans_complete();

You mean if one query fails others are not rolled back?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB