Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What's the best template library to start with?

[eluser]Apocryphon[/eluser]
I'm trying to convert a theme/layout from one of these sort of sites into a template I could stick onto all of my pages. As such, what's the best template library? At the moment I'm going for best-documented with examples so that I could fully understand how to use it, but that just means this simple example is the best right now. I would use Phil Sturgeon's library- it does have a lot of features- but I'm not quite sure how to implement it. Ocular is good as well, but is it better than Phil's? What else is out there, please, any suggestions are welcome!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I am second this...

[eluser]Tominator[/eluser]
Hi man!

You can use my library. It got another philosophy - templates should be pure HTML and PHP should be pure PHP. Docs is written in my opinion well written with lots of examples. It supports lot of features and it's very very very easy. For parsing you need just one method with 3 parameters (only one is required). It just can not be simpler!

Link: http://parser.comper.sk/

I hope you enjoy!
Tom

[eluser]Eric Barnes[/eluser]
I personally like Phil's template library: https://github.com/philsturgeon/codeigniter-template

Very simple but still provides a way of being more advanced.

[eluser]iloveci[/eluser]
Originally I wrote my own simple template system but after trying out phil's template library I'm set on using it for my next projects. +1 for that choice.

Does anyone have a sample site that they created using the library?

[eluser]cideveloper[/eluser]
I have used Colin Williams' library for a number of projects. Pretty simple in my opinion.

I'm probably missing something major, but-

As I understand it, Phil's template library creates a lot of the values in template automatically- 'title', 'metadata', etc. However, where would someone define those values? How do we specifically customize those values?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB