Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
URL Rewriting doesn't work anymore (codeigniter 2.0 official release)

[eluser]d1a8lo24[/eluser]
Well for this problem I think I found the solution as many others have found.

is the following configuration $config['uri_protocol']

Just change the it to the available options and one should work.

My installation work with "REQUEST_URI" others have reported that "QUERY_STRING" will do the trick just change the value until one works and that's all.

[eluser]DarKDinDoN[/eluser]
I confirm the last post, even if the PHP 5.3 seems to solve the problem on OVH's server, more bugs show up ....

Change the uri_protocol is the solution ...

[eluser]Spir[/eluser]
It seems like on OVH when using PHP 5.3 mod_rewrite doesn't work.
I have 404 headers on all my page when using it

Code:
#PHP 5.2
SetEnv PHP_VER 5
#PHP 5.3
#SetEnv PHP_VER 5_TEST

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|robots\.txt|img\/|css\/|js\/|favicon.ico)
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]
</IfModule>

<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
    # If we don't have mod_rewrite installed, all 404's
    # can be sent to index.php, and everything works as normal.
    ErrorDocument 404 /index.php
</IfModule>

So when I'm using PHP 5.3 it goes through:
Code:
<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
Then 404 header are put. I have to manually set them to 200 when I need it Sad
Becarefull of that.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
To set htaccess for php5 it should be:
Code:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

InsiteFX

[eluser]Spir[/eluser]
This is something very specific to OVH.

[eluser]jmadsen[/eluser]
[quote author="d1a8lo24" date="1296408912"]Well for this problem I think I found the solution as many others have found.

My installation work with "REQUEST_URI" others have reported that "QUERY_STRING" will do the trick just change the value until one works and that's all.[/quote]

confirming as well. this should get bumped, as there are going to be a lot of new 2.0 installations in the coming days with this issue

[eluser]DarKDinDoN[/eluser]
Yes, however on OVH server the REQUEST_URI is not working well. I set it on PATH_INFO and everything is running fine now Wink

[eluser]Spir[/eluser]
[quote author="DarKDinDoN" date="1296927175"]Yes, however on OVH server the REQUEST_URI is not working well. I set it on PATH_INFO and everything is running fine now Wink[/quote]Phil made a bug fix on the repo (check URI.php from the core folder). Maybe it fix this bug?

[eluser]libeco[/eluser]
[quote author="jmadsen" date="1296894084"][quote author="d1a8lo24" date="1296408912"]Well for this problem I think I found the solution as many others have found.

My installation work with "REQUEST_URI" others have reported that "QUERY_STRING" will do the trick just change the value until one works and that's all.[/quote]

confirming as well. this should get bumped, as there are going to be a lot of new 2.0 installations in the coming days with this issue[/quote]

I can confirm too. 2.0 development versions worked fine. On Reactor I had to set QUERY_STRING to get urls (and sessions, which otherwise appeared empty in the database) to work properly.

[eluser]planetCJD[/eluser]
[quote author="DarKDinDoN" date="1296927175"]Yes, however on OVH server the REQUEST_URI is not working well. I set it on PATH_INFO and everything is running fine now Wink[/quote]

I had this problem too and changing from AUTO to PATH_INFO fixed it. I'm not on OHV - this was on my Xampp Windows server.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB