Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Creating a Dream Board / Vision Board

[eluser]tommo.wilson[/eluser]
I have a project where I need to create a dream board or vision board.

I basically just need to be able to drag and drop images and plop them onto a page.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might go about doing this?

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
[quote author="tommo.wilson" date="1296805151"]I have a project where I need to create a dream board or vision board.

I basically just need to be able to drag and drop images and plop them onto a page.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might go about doing this?[/quote]

1. [email=http://jqueryui.com/]jQuery UI [/email]for drag and drop functionality.
2. Some kind of authentication like Ion Auth, Tank Auth or WolfAuth.
3. Modular Extensions HMVC by Wiredesignz.
4. Create a module called, 'vision' in your modules folder.

The jQuery UI droppable component has events for checking when an item has been dropped and where it was dropped which you could then use to send an AJAX callback to your vision controller in your vision module.

Hope this helps you. Your project sounds interesting, is it for a client or yourself?

[eluser]tommo.wilson[/eluser]
Thanks for that...

The project is for myself and someone else. Like a parntership. It's for a membership website.

Why would I need modular extensions? I don't understand what this does? Does it just make things easier to handle? ie: swap between applications

jQuery sounds like a good solution.

Awesome
Can't wait to get started

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
Modular Extensions is for breaking your code up into modules. Each site action could be a module, although it's not required you'll find using modules means you can take modules from your project and put them into future projects. Prime example of where modules really shine is a pages module for a CMS responsible for loading pages.

If you're building a site down the track that requires similar functionality, you copy and paste the module and it just works provided you also ported any associated database tables or dependencies outside of the module.

Another example is an auth module. Down the track you can copy and paste the auth module into another project and use it. A module is basically a self contained application inside of your main application, so you can have module specific routes, controllers, libraries, configs, models and views.

Just a personal preference, but a great way to ensure code usability and makes your project cleaner. Pyrocms by Phil Sturgeon uses modules, perhaps take a look at why he uses them to see the advantage of modules.

Basically modules aren't required, but they will make your life way easier.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB