Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problem porting CI 1.7.2 to 2.0.0

[eluser]Dahak-II[/eluser]
Just a quick note to say that I haven't forgotten about reporting back to you.

I haven't had much luck debugging my site (trying to trace my way through the ROUTE and URI libraries) on the LAMP server because it seems to log so strangely for me in that environment.

No resolution yet.

[eluser]Zeff[/eluser]
I compared all CI constants in 1.7.2 and 2.0.0 and I mentioned that the BASEPATH constant is set relative (../system/) in CI 1.7.2 and absolute (/www/webshares/myshare/system/) in CI 2.0.0.
Could (I can't hardly believe) that have something to do with the routing problem?

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="Dahak-II" date="1297758737"]I can't say that I'm particularly wild about how these in-process snapshots are being made available, but that's just my opinion.[/quote]

Versions are released exactly the same as every other open source project. Revisions from the public repository are also available, like any other open source project. Only get files from BitBucket if you understand how version control works or it will lead to confusion.

Now as for this problem can you help us debug it? Got any errors in Apache, PHP logs, CI logs? What is your phpinfo()? Anything you can give us helps us get an idea of what is going on.

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't been actively working on it for the last week and a half, or so. It was rather discouraging, at that point.

The Apache error logs show nothing at all. I can't recall if I read through the Apache access logs.

The CI logs show what seem to be multiple passes through the controller... two, three, four or more times. I slapped some logging code in the ROUTER and URI libraries and when I look at the CI logs, I'll see the proper URI segments on all but one instance (the instances seem to be interleaved... I was tempted to modify the code to create an instance variable so I could sort the logged entries.)

It seemed that whatever that one instance with the truncated URI is is what winds me up at the default controller index function.

On my WAMP set up, the site runs fine and the CI logs show a single controller call. The remote LAMP setup was giving me headaches.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
If you have a host file add 127.0.0.1 localhost

InsiteFX

Had to scan the box.

Hosts is there, loopback is in there already.

[eluser]avenuelabs[/eluser]
I'm having this same problem. I just moved my app over to Reactor and getting 404's in my staging environment hosted on shared dreamhost, but not in my local running MAMP..

Also noticed this bug .. https://bitbucket.org/ellislab/codeignit...r/issue/22

I've attached phpinfo for the server this is running on. I hope we're missing something simple.

[quote author="avenuelabs" date="1299402107"]I'm having this same problem. I just moved my app over to Reactor and getting 404's in my staging environment hosted on shared dreamhost, but not in my local running MAMP.[/quote]

Most likely simply a coincidence, but I, too, am hosting on DreamHost.

I'm on godin.

[quote author="Dahak-II" date="1299403974"]

Most likely simply a coincidence, but I, too, am hosting on DreamHost.

I'm on godin.[/quote]

I'm on maseru, but can't afford to mess with this anymore. rolling back to 2.0

I had to try one more thing and sure enough .. it was the damn controller file names in my app. I had changed all my controllers to start with uppercase .. changed them back to lowercase and all is good. hope that fixes your problem Dahak-11

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB